• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there special pricing to migrate from individual to teams subscription?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company has 3 individuals with subscriptions. We do not pay the extra cost for the teams subscription because we do not see the value. If the pricing were the same, we would use it. I recently received this email from someone claiming to be from Adobe. “I’m part of the Adobe Document Cloud team — my job is to help customers effectively manage their memberships. While reviewing your Adobe Subscription we have noticed your organization has multiple contracts, which means you aren’t getting the benefit of the business features that come with the Teams plans.” He is offering special discounts if I call to discuss. His English grammar is suspect. Is this a legitimate communication from Adobe? Is it possible to migrate to teams half way through a subscription period? Can Adobe offer Teams for the same price as Individual licenses?

TOPICS
Licensing , Teams

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron,

Beware of fake Adobe representatives who may contact you privately, offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. To know how to identify genuine Adobe Staff, Please go through the following thread

If you want to know about the pricing and discounts available for Teams Licences, You can request a consultation by clicking here.

Hope this helps.

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, @iCharles! I have forwarded the suspect email for review. I recall a similar request in the past that I found out was from a rogue division of Adobe and was not authorized to make such offers. As much as I wanted to benefit from a better pricing structure, I was encouraged not to do so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main value, from my perspective, is what happens if someone leaves or is reassigned. Individual subscriptions belong to the person named; they cannot be transferred. The employer has no right to contact Adobe in connection with the subscription, and cannot request a cancel. In effect, a leaving member of staff gets a nice gift.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your perspective, Test Screen Name. It is a great selling point for Adobe to generate a 30% markup over the annual subscription for individuals. A real pain point for small business owners. If the price structure was the same, I would go with the teams. BTW, my turnover is low — two have over 10 years on our team. But that is not the issue or question being asked in this discussion. I asked three questions:

1. Is this a legitimate communication from Adobe?
  2. Is it possible to migrate to teams half way through a subscription period?
  3. Can Adobe offer Teams for the same price as Individual licenses?

iCharles provided some insight to question one and I have forwared the suspect email to phishing@adobe.com for review. If you have any experience or knowledge on my questions 2 or 3, I am all ears. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines