Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last update 2020

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I don't know why the last update to 2020 version, dont uninstall the 2019 version. Can i uninstall manualy the 2019 or not ?

Tks for your help.

Greg from France (sorry for my english)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

You're welcome, Greg. Can you let us know if were you able to uninstall from the Creative Cloud app, though? Since it's Enterprise, your IT department may have to do it.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour Greg,

Yes, you can uninstall using the Creative Cloud app.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to keep old versions installed until I'm certain the new ones don't hurt my workflow.   Especially now with Adobe's new version policy, getting pre-2019 versions back is very difficult if not impossible.   If hard disk space is no problem, keep your old versions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, what type of Creative Cloud membership do you have?  There is no subscription assigned to the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Adobe for Enterprise. It's a professional licence with complet suite.

Tks a lot for answers all 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, Greg. Can you let us know if were you able to uninstall from the Creative Cloud app, though? Since it's Enterprise, your IT department may have to do it.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane for the solution (Yes, 2019 can be uninstalled) and thanks Nancy for good advice about keeping old versions as backups. 

This is resolved, but I had the same question and it took me a long time to find this thread. So, I wanted to add these to facilitate getting found in search:

• Creative cloud 2020 update didn't remove 2019 install. 
  • Why is there a parallel installation of 2019 and 2020 of Adobe CC?
  • Why two copies of Photoshop after 2020 update? 2019 and 2020?
  • Why is Photoshop 2019 still installed after the update to 2020?
  • Is it safe to delete CC 2019 after 2020 update installation?
  • Do I need the 2019 Adobe suite after the 2020 update? It wasn't deleted.

Thanks again,

Lawson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Creative Cloud was first introduced, upgrading apps automatically removed previous versions.  Everyone complained  "Adobe took away my old versions! How can I bring them all back?"

Adobe listened and changed the default behavior from removing to not-removing previous apps.

If you don't want Photoshop 2019 alongside Photoshop 2020, go ahead and uninstall the previous version.   But as Jane said, contact your IT department for assistance.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, Lawson,

In addition to what Nancy said, many of us like to keep one or more previous versions installed. Although there is a beta version and PS is tested, invariably some features don't work with some graphics cards and some systems, and we like to be able to move back to the previous version quickly to be able to continue working.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines