• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for companies who have successfully deployed Teams in a virtual environment

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been searching and have already found Adobe Teams/Deployment Guide (https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/teams-deployment-guide.html), description of managed packages (https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams/deployment-planning-for-creative-cloud-for-teams/td-...), Technical support boundaries for virtualized or server-based environments (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/kb/technical-support-boundaries-virtualized-server-based.html) (27 May 2020) . 

It seems this is still very new ground, and a lot of questions remain as to which virtual environments are compatible.

In December 2019 we moved to VMware Horizon, in Windows 10 environment. We use Dropbox Business for file storage (company policy--no chance of that changing for a very long time). Initially it worked reasonably well, but scratch disks for the apps use Dropbox because that's where the space is, and we don't know where the scratch disk(s) for any of the apps should "live." 

And then Microsoft's subsequent upgrades have caused numerous problems in compatibility since then, completely preventing use of CC app. That required a re-install and resulted in not permitting CC auto-updates.

How CC was deployed to our team: my department has its own pool, and all the software we use (including Office 365 and other software besides CC apps) is installed (including updates when they are approved by IT)  on a "golden image," which is then pushed down to our individual desktops using VMware Horizon. It seems this approach differs from using managed packages, but then the question would be, where would the managed packages "live" in order to be pushed down? And if we had to go that route, what would happen to the managed package deployment when the golden image is updated because of our other software and then pushed down to our desktops?

I'm not in IT but I've had to become relatively savvy over the years, so I'm asking on behalf of our IT department and would be very grateful for answers that I could forward to them.

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps , Teams , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Hello Julia,

Currently, the creative cloud apps are not supported on VMs or servers. We have done very limited testing which is limited to opening a new file, saving it, and closing it. Virtual environments may include but are not limited to Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, VMware, Microsoft App-V, Parallels, and Virtual PC. If you run into issues, Adobe Customer Care can help on a best-effort basis.

Adobe Acrobat DC supports virtua

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Julia,

Currently, the creative cloud apps are not supported on VMs or servers. We have done very limited testing which is limited to opening a new file, saving it, and closing it. Virtual environments may include but are not limited to Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, VMware, Microsoft App-V, Parallels, and Virtual PC. If you run into issues, Adobe Customer Care can help on a best-effort basis.

Adobe Acrobat DC supports virtual environments. For more information, see Acrobat DC Virtualized Deployments.

If you encounter a technical issue in a virtual environment, test the same functionality in a supported OS environment. If you're unable to reproduce the issue, then it is most likely a problem in the virtualization product. Seek assistance from the vendor of the virtualization solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Techburner--thank you for the response. It did confirm what I suspected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines