Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migration to Federated account

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have been using Adobe accounts until now. We have just moved to federated acocunts, using the same emails logins.

I have removed my Adobe account, leaving just my federated account.

When I log in to Acrobat Pro DC or cloud, I select work account, but it signs me in with the personal account (shows the blue icon, not orange).

I have no license with personal adobe account anymore. How do I force it to use federated?

I've tried clearing all the saved credentials.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Hello Graeme,

Please do not get confused with the color of the circle you are getting when signing in to your account using a federated ID. It shows the same blue circle for both Federated and Adobe ID. 

It is just a logo that shows when you select "company or school account" option and after signing in to the account, it will show the blue color circle. You can always go to the "My Plans" section to verify the subscription you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you mean by 'federated account' but you will most likely have to remove and reinstall to clear all traces of your old account before you use a new account

Log out of your personal account and UN-install

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html to remove programs may be needed

Cloud Manager to install all programs https://www.adobe.com/ie/creativecloud/desktop-app.html
https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/how-to-activate-your-adobe-software/td-p/9636861?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John, I'll try that. Not sure our service desk are going to be too happy with having to re-install all users software though.

The federated account is the linked Adobe account via ADFS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mm that didn't work.

Still logs in with the personal account (shows "Adobe Account" under my name. Should be work account and be orange not blue.

Looks like adobe can't tell the difference between my 2 acocunts as they are the same email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>can't tell the difference between my 2 acocunts as they are the same email

My understanding (from reading other messages) is that the Adobe registration system will only see ONE account per email

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Graeme,

Please do not get confused with the color of the circle you are getting when signing in to your account using a federated ID. It shows the same blue circle for both Federated and Adobe ID. 

It is just a logo that shows when you select "company or school account" option and after signing in to the account, it will show the blue color circle. You can always go to the "My Plans" section to verify the subscription you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, thanks. I worked that out yesterday. I think it's Adobe cnfusing the situation though. It also only shows "Adobe Account" for both.

I seem to have sorted it all out now that the emails are different. just means we have 70 people that have to do the same, so some how, we have to produce some docs for the end users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines