• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move license to another laptop

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to move Adobe Acrobat Standard 2017 from a Windows 7 computer to a Windows 10 computer (and once successful will format the Win7 computer). I downloaded the software from the link under my order history after signing in to adobe.com and installed it using the license code. It installes fine so when I start it it needs to activate. It does not list Adobe Acrobat 2017 as one of the products so it won't let me activate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Ah, OK. That makes sense now. Thank you for posting the screenshots, very helpful.

That activation window on the screen is actually asking you for the Serial Number of your Previous Version...

Did you previously upgrade to Acrobat Standard 2017 from a prior release of Acrobat? (like 2015 or XI or X?)

If so, then you need to enter the older serial number from that version as well (in addition to your current 2017 key) in order to complete the license.

In other words, both together are req

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please see this related Community thread from yesterday:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/licensing/cannot-activate-adobe-acrobat-pro-8-1/m-p/10898803

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat 2017 is still a supported product as far as I can tell. That thread appears to be for older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I read the version in the original text you posted as being Acrobat 7.

Acrobat 7 is unsupported.

Acrobat 2017 is still supported.

You mentioned you got the download and serial number from your Adobe account online – are you certain they match, and are both for the correct version you purchased?

You said, "It does not list Adobe Acrobat 2017 as one of the products so it won't let me activate" – can you be more specific on what the activation screen says, and what is listed exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG

I downloaded from the order history and copied and pasted the serial number from that order.

It installed fine when I used that serial number.  When I try to start for the first time it says it needs to activate so I login and then it doesn't give me a choice of Adobe Acrobat 2017. When I try them of course it says not a qualifying product.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK. That makes sense now. Thank you for posting the screenshots, very helpful.

That activation window on the screen is actually asking you for the Serial Number of your Previous Version...

Did you previously upgrade to Acrobat Standard 2017 from a prior release of Acrobat? (like 2015 or XI or X?)

If so, then you need to enter the older serial number from that version as well (in addition to your current 2017 key) in order to complete the license.

In other words, both together are required because you had received discount pricing on the 2017 upgrade because you had that prior Acrobat release.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Unfortunately that was way before I started here.  (Inheriting this with little documentation). I wonder if their support # can help me find the serial number we upgraded from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines