Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Network volume issue

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does anyone have an issue with SMB mount on mac on adobe CC products? I'm having an issue with photoshop, after effect and illustrator and others.

the issue is when artist working off-network volume ( Quantum Workflow Director ) the importing and exporting is away slow compare to local disk. The connection to the quantum storage will standard LAN connection using NAS mounting
I also have SAN connection client which using Stornext file system, unfortunately, they are also having the same slowness issue.

I was wondering does adobe CC allowed users to of the network volume?

thank you

sam

TOPICS
Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Hi Sam, 

Adobe After Effects, Photoshop & Illustrator are resource-intensive applications, requiring more RAM and hard disk space than most other applications. While you can use their files from networks and removable media, you can compromise the performance and reliability of the application.

When you save and open files across a network or from removable media, many variables affect application performance. Consequently, some problems occur more frequently when you work across a network o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam, 

Adobe After Effects, Photoshop & Illustrator are resource-intensive applications, requiring more RAM and hard disk space than most other applications. While you can use their files from networks and removable media, you can compromise the performance and reliability of the application.

When you save and open files across a network or from removable media, many variables affect application performance. Consequently, some problems occur more frequently when you work across a network or removable media than when you work from a local hard disk (for example, damaged files, denied access, or slow performance). 

For example, Illustrator reads and writes file data while you work on a file. Therefore, the access speed of the disk containing artwork or Illustrator scratch disk files determines how quickly Illustrator can process image data. Internal hard disks have faster access speeds than network servers (that is, a hard disk accessed over a network) or removable media.

For more details please see the following help documents:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/after-effects/using/improve-performance.html

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Are you saying there is nothing wrong with NAS volume? and its all on setting on adobe CC products. and my mac pro its full spec machines. thank you sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand your concern, these products do support network-attached storage but since they are resource-intensive applications they do not perform the same way as they do on a local storage device.

For better understanding please read the help documents I have shared earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines