Exit

New Packaging features on the Adobe Admin Console

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iCharles_0-1687354866391.png

Lightweight Named User Licensing packages

You can now create lightweight packages that don't include any Adobe applications by default and move ahead in the flow to create a plugin-only or a configuration-only package.

SonamMonga_0-1687245847348.png

~Plugin-only package

Create packages that only include Marketplace plugins. 

SonamMonga_1-1687245847360.png

~Configuration-only package 

Create packages with no apps or plugins to only include the Configuration Options. 

SonamMonga_2-1687245847367.png

~Configuration and Plugin package

Create lightweight packages that include both Plugins and Configuration Options. Learn more about Creating Named User Licensing packages. 

Flat packages for Adobe Templates 

Now Adobe Templates packages are downloaded as Flat packages for the macOS platform. This means you cannot extract the contents (unlike bundle packages) for these flat packages. For the Windows platform, packages are downloaded like before, and you can extract contents from these packages. Learn more about Adobe templates. 

SonamMonga_3-1687245847378.png

*For queries, feedback, and suggestions, please feel free to start a conversation.
*Please visit our ICYMI page for all the other updates & releases. Click here if you have Questions.
TOPICS
What's New

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sonam Monga 

What we could really use is a "Lightweight" package that lets us add all the applications we'd like, but instead of the apps being bundled in the package (creating a large file for deployment),  it would instead deploy only the CC Desktop app, and have it depoly the packaged apps automatically via the Adobe cdn (content delivery network).  It's esentially a automated self-service where the CC Desktop would pre-install these apps via the internet vs having to have them in the package.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  Install CC Desktop with a configuration that enables the install of a list of authorized software from Adobe.  Allow admins to make the installs mandatory or just advertise them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's just surprising to me that Adobe hasn't thought of this.  It would make package sizes tiny, and would leverage the existing self-install mechanics, but with the addition of a pre-defined list of apps the admin/org wants pre-installed for the user upon initial deployment of the CC desktop package.  That is, the desktop app deploys, then downloads/installs Reader, Photoshop, Illustrator, and say Premiere Rush, but then the rest of the apps are still user OnDemand self-installs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds nice in certain situations but unless they mandate locations to implement AUSST, I doubt they want all of that traffic hitting their bandwidth nor do organizations want their internet disrupted by this if onsite. School labs in particular like to install everything.

Some sort of automation is badly needed. They either need to allow for automation to get these packages to plug into organization management systems or mandate AUSST and configure CC to point to it to allow for a configured install of packages on needed systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I might have actually just suggested this on the CC Feature Requests page: Allow Creative Cloud XML Configuration to install ... - Adobe Community - 14252789

Have a look and if we are talking about the same thing ... upvote? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe hasn't thought of only packaging the CC desktop?
I hope ya'll are just kidding right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like you are not reading all the info, they are talkingabout a lightweight CC Desktop, the one currently offered is 1gb and it makes Zero sense

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sonam Monga 
Hi,

What is the different with these packages templates for MacOS? It still seems to create the same .PKG Install and uninstalls.  I can't see the difference and unforutunately these still will not upload to Intune.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with JAMF Pro. if you upload directly the .PKG it uploads but the installation constantly fails. What i do before uploading is zip the pkg and then upload. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any issues with Jamf. I downloaded the templates, uploaded to Jamf without any zipping, and deployed with zero failures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you describe what method you are using? are you using the jamf pro Web UI to upload or are you using Jamf Admin app? what version are you on? do you just upload the pkgs located in the build folder? Size of your pkgs? 

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're on 10.48.2 and it's an on-premise server at the moment so Jamf Admin is what I use to upload the pkg's into the server. 

Make sure that for the software from Adobe's Admin Console that you're downloading their pre-made templates. My experience has been that if you go to the templates section and click "Create a package" that this will not be a flat package and will need to be zipped to work in Jamf.

With that in mind I downloaded their pre-made templates of the software needed for deployment and then used the "Create a package" to create a package only for Creative Cloud with the configuration needed. Being in a campus environment that means I created two with identical configurations but one of them had a shared device license in it.

On the Jamf side I now have a single policy that contains the packages needed for our shared lab systems but I don't include the Creative Cloud package with the configuration and license. I have the policy with the software in it call another policy that contains the Creative Cloud package with the config and license. This allows me to use one config and license for any shared situation as now I can have other policies scoped elsewhere that has their own pkg's that can call this one policy to configure it with the license.

For NUL it's the same concept. For us I only deploy Acrobat and let users pick what they want installed(less demand on deployment resources, less build time, less demand on updating, smaller attack surface for malware). The policy used for deploying Acrobat does not contain the NUL configured Creative Cloud. A policy containing that Creative Cloud policy for NUL is called by that Acrobat policy.

This seems to work but I'll admit I've just jumped into using templates. We plan to soon move to Jamf Cloud and use App Installers for our nonshared assigned systems. At that point we can get rid of the Acrobat policy and then simply deploy the NUL based Creative Cloud package. The labs will probaby stay as is.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer I got from Adobe Support is that packaging for macOS for deployment via Intune is not support at this time.  Not holding my breath for it to every be supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultt5fdixcb55fn 

thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use intune for our Macs and PCs and it would be so nice to be able to do this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This. Is. FANTASTIC!   

Thank you so much!  This is such a pain when we have deployments running to 1,500+ laptops with intermittent power status/wifi connections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An option in the Configuration only package to enable automatic updates would be more useful than the option to disable them. There are always users who switch off automatic updates, for whatever reason. There is no other way to turn automatic updates on again. Adobe Support has confirmed to me that there is no way to turn on automatic updates after the user has turned them off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines