Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

New packaging features in Adobe Admin Console

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our latest release of package functionality on the Adobe Admin Console ships with the following features. 

Support for macOS Universal packages 

You can now create MacOS Universal packages that can be deployed to both Apple silicon and Intel-based macOS computers. These packages will install apps across both architectures. 

LiamConnerton_0-1644253722007.png

Include Premiere Pro language packs 

Speech to Text in Premiere Pro enables your users to automatically generate transcripts and add captions to your videos to improve accessibility and boost engagement. Learn more about the language packs. 

As an Admin, you can choose to include Premiere Pro's Speech to Speech to Text language packs in the package that you create, if end-users cannot manage their own app updates.  

Including the language packs, will increase your package size by approximately 8 GB as all languages are included. Alternatively, end-users can install the specific language packs they need via the Creative Cloud desktop app or Premiere Pro, provided self-service is enabled. 

Learn more. 

LiamConnerton_1-1644253722009.png

TOPICS
Admin console , Deploy and package apps , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any more that can be done to these packages to make them work more seamlessly with Microsoft Intune LOB (Line of Business) or .DMG deployments to macOS? Organsiations really need this for effective app deployment to Enterprise devices.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/apps/lob-apps-windows

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/apps/lob-apps-macos-dmg 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering the same thing. Attempting to deploy these packages via an MDM such as VMWare One and Cisco Meraki have proven to be painful. The MDM doesn't except the .pkg that has been extracted from the .zip file. If Adobe could provide them directly in .pkg (signed) or .dmg format that would help. I would even settle for documentation on how to prepare the product for MDM / silent deployment. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only Adobe app I have had success with has been Acrobat Reader -free version. I used the Win32 app packager and imported into Intune and distributed to pilot group. Worked great. 

Is there a site that Adobe allows download of the .MSI or .EXE files of paid apps that you know of? I haven't looked yet. I just have users install their apps on their own via the Adobe Invite. 
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/apps/apps-win32-prepare

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also need these packaes to be signed and notarized, to be able to mass deploy them on managed macOS devices, please note that this is a requirement from apple not Microsoft:
Notarizing macOS Software Before Distribution | Apple Developer Documentation

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users loose their option to manage apps per "Enable self-service plugin install" as soon as Creative Cloud itself gets updated. Any fix for this available?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Grottjabo thanks for flagging this, just to clarify, have you found users are losing the ability to install & manage their apps, or their plugins? There is a separate configuration "enable self-service install" which relates to app management, the 'enable self-service plugin install' should not be configuring whether a user can install apps via the creative cloud desktop app or not. That option relates to plugin installation in the creative cloud desktop app only. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Liam, they loose there ability to install and manage their apps. It comes by default in the Self-service package. When I create a Managed package I always have Enable self-service install enabled. Users can update Creative Cloud and apps one or two times, then loose the option and I have to send out a new Self-service package to make it work again. Then issue repeat.

Grottjabo_0-1665671585148.png

Grottjabo_1-1665671692277.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i deploy a universal package and open it on my M1 it says i may run into performance issues if i continue to run Intel versions of the apps.  When opening Adobe CC app it recomends reinstalling the app.

Why is this not working correctly?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines