• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFs Vanishing (2017 Classic Reader)

New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not really sure if this is the best place to ask but we're experiencing a very odd issue which started around a month ago and I can't find a support link to contact Adobe directly.

We deploy Adobe Reader to our client PCs using the 2017 Classic track, currently patched to 17.011.30138 (latest available).

We've had roughly 20 users report to us that their PDF files (hosted on network shares) are disappearing when they try to open them. I'm not sure where to start looking on this one. I can't find anything related to this in Microsoft support forums and it only seems to be PDF files that are affected. This occurs on multiple file shares and across Windows 7 and 10. The only constant seems to be Adobe Reader.

Has anyone else experienced this?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen someone else has posted the same issue over on Microsoft's Technet, apparently deleting the copy of the file (which is copied to AppData\Local\Temp) the issue is resolved for that particular file.

Could really do with some Adobe support on this one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to further update, I can now replicate this issue. If I open a PDF from an email, the PDF is saved into the Temp folder, if I then save the PDF somewhere on the network (keeping the same name), open and close it the file is deleted. If I clear out the Temp folder of PDFs the file remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines