Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Persistent Adobe Creative Cloud Repair Popups

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running into an issue at my organization where many of my users (Windows 10, mix of build 1703 and 1909) receive this popup regarding Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop (ACCD) upon boot stating "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem.  However, it is missing or damaged.  Please download and install a new copy of the Creative Cloud from 'http://www.adobe.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp'."

repair_error.PNG

While it only shows up once upon boot, no matter what I do, this popup keeps coming back after a random number of restarts, affecting a random group of users.  Here are the options I have tried based on previous community posts about this subject, and the popups just keep coming back.

Option #1:  Run the repair option directly from the popup. 

Option #2:  Run the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, pull an ACCD package from the Creative Cloud Packager tool on my account, install that package.

Option #3:  Manually uninstall ACCD from Programs & Features, use the ACCD package I pulled from the Creative Cloud Packager tool on my account, install that package.

Option #4:  Use the ACCD package I pulled from the Creative Cloud Packager tool on my account, install that package without doing any uninstalling first.

Constraints:

1)  Clicking "repair" is not an option since most of my users do not have admin rights to their machines.

2)  I need to be able to deploy a fix silently to the enterprise.

3)  We use named user licenses tied to AD login.

For now I have suppressed ACCD from starting on boot, but it is a workaround and I do not know what exactly is needing repair, or what I am missing/doing wrong.  Any help or feedback would be very appreciated!

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps , Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

In this scenario, I would request you to create a support case from the console so that our technician can check the logs and troubleshoot that for you or can contact the support team directly by initiating a chat session, click on the chat icon on the bottom right corner of this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Kindly try to install the installer using admin rights and if you are using any deployment tool then try to install it with local admin rights. You can give full control to Adobe folders under the following locations:

C:>>Program Files x86>> common files>> Adobe

C:>> Program Files x86>> Adobe

C:>> Program Data>> Adobe

It might be a network issue so you can test it by connecting the machine with an external network (no restrictions).

You can use an alternate download link to install the creative cloud app and check if the issue persists: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html#Problemsinst...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TechBurner,

Thanks for the response.  I tried that on several machines (manually, by hand) and the popups still happen.  Sometimes it pops back up after the first restart, other times it will come back after several restarts and/or days.  We are barred from installing applications using the local admin account by GPO, but I am quite sure it is not a network issue because I am able to install non-Adobe packages with my domain admin account. 

What else can I try next?  Thanks in advance!

koalab15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this scenario, I would request you to create a support case from the console so that our technician can check the logs and troubleshoot that for you or can contact the support team directly by initiating a chat session, click on the chat icon on the bottom right corner of this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, I will post a fix here when we find a reasonable enterprise resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out that we had to update our antivirus to the latest version.  On two machines where I didn't touch Adobe at all, I upgraded AV to the latest version and Adobe was completely stable after the upgrade, for a few days now.  I haven't gotten an answer as to why our AV was breaking Adobe in the first place but now at least we have a way forward that doesn't involve completely uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe products. 

Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines