• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Business and Personal profiles

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, the concept of two profiles appeared in my fully licensed copies of Creative Suite and Captivate. I only have one account licensed by my employer, that listed all of my apps, and never had a "personal account" previously. Somehow, Creative Suite is linked to the business profile and Captivate is now linked to the personal profile. This is causing me an enormous amount of frustration, as I cannot use a Creative Suite application and Captivate at the same time. I also cannot access the fonts I've activated in Captivate, as they are linked to the Business profile.

Please help me sort this out. I cannot seem to find any good information about how to move the Captivate license to the Business profile, where it should be. In order to use the other application, I have to log out and log back in with the other profile.

TOPICS
Business ID , Teams

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1629900773611.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem and it's causing me endless frustration and lost time. I have an e-learning project with a looming deadline and my workflow is completely wrecked.

I've used the agent approach suggested above but no-one seemed to appreciate the problem. I was passed between various departments until i had used my number of transfers(??) so a support call was booked. The first one called 7 hours after the agreed time, just as I was leaving the office. The second call didnt happen despite me having confirmation of the booking slot.

So, I still have the ame problem after this enforced update. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and still have to switch between profiles to transfer files. Adobe should come up with a makeup solution instead of leave the affected users figure out the workaround alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem as well, some software (Acrobat Pro) is linked to my "Business" profile while other software (RoboHelp) is linked to my "Personal" profile. Can't use both at the same time - have to "log out" of one account and back into another, despite the profiles having the same e-mail address! Make it make sense, Adobe!

--Jessica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this exact problem several months after the OP's. Our IT at work has had to contact Adobe several times now.

At one point when switching between accounts it briefly denied me access to all of my apps but thankfully IT managed to fix that (captivate seems to need to be rebooted every time the profiles are switched or it will get stuck thinking you're in the account without a captivate license.)

This slows down e-learning development time considerably, so it bothers me that Adobe doesn't seem to be taking the issue seriously. Why does captivate need to be on a separate profile? It doesn't make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an update - my works profiles are finally fixed! Captivate and the cloud services are finally on the same profile behaving themselves.

Hopefully others in this chat will have their problems solved soon. Our IT had to spend days working with Adobe to sort it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our CC licences are on a Teams account, and the Captivate is on a VIP account. I suspect this will be complicated indeed. 

Happy you got yours resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are in the same boat and they seem to be in complete denial of the issue. They seem to think only giving us one popup (that most seem to have missed) was the solution to us moving all our files.. 

I reached out TWICE before the expiry and asked if there was anything i needed to do to avoid issues and both times i was told it was 'fine'.... and now im being told to move our 100+ files manually. What a waste of time and energy! Honestly this should be grounds for a class action.

Hopefully more people will find there way to the forums vs just taking it on the head and manually moving everything over.

but even then they are hiding these chats in this enterprise section... just sad adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am with you on a class action lawsuit they created the problem with the user name change and have no tangible solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, and this is the solution we are looking at, since Adobe doesnt seem to give a f*ck about their customers: List of Best Adobe Captivate Alternatives & Competitors 2021 (trustradius.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines