Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with installing Adobe applications via Jamf

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have a problems with creating package and deploying it with Jamf.

I have downloaded from Adobe Admin Console package of Adobe Captivate 2019 (Illustrator, Creative Cloud Desktop App hace the same situation).

If i try to run this package on device i see error about "Package cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified". I know, that i can approve it from Security & Privacy. But interested i'm in next.

First scenario. If i upload it to the Jamf packages, according to this manual (https://helpx.adobe.com/ua/enterprise/kb/deploy-packages-using-jamf-pro.html), package change format to  "pkgname.pkg.zip". It start to install but always shown error "An error occured while running scripts from the package".  Install.log says that error was occured in preinstall script. 

Second scenario. For next try i prepare package with Jamf Composer.  Adobe package was put in Jamf package with script command "/usr/sbin/installer -verboseR -package $PackagePath -target / ". In such scenario i has different results. For Captivate, Creative Cloud i have error "Package cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified". For Acrobat DC 22, Photoshop CC 22 i have success with installation for Intel devices but "unverified" error for ARM devices. All Jamf certicates are actual, this error shown only for Adobe packages.

Tests provided on Monterey Intel and ARM devices.

For BigSur Intel device installations with second scenarion (Jamf package) was successful with all applications.

Will be attached log for the first scenario for macos BigSur on Intel device. The same error was on Monterey.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Problem was fixed by me =))

Problem with unverified developer was fixed by downloading Adobe packages from admin console directly by me on my macos device. Before it was downloaded on windows device and transferred to me by OneDrive. 

After getting verified packages second scenario works correctly. For now tested on Adobe Acrobat DC 22 and Creative Cloud Desctop App.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this to the more appropriate Enterprise & Teams forum

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem was fixed by me =))

Problem with unverified developer was fixed by downloading Adobe packages from admin console directly by me on my macos device. Before it was downloaded on windows device and transferred to me by OneDrive. 

After getting verified packages second scenario works correctly. For now tested on Adobe Acrobat DC 22 and Creative Cloud Desctop App.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines