Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RDS Farm and Creative Cloud Install

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

We just setup a new RDS Farm with 6 loadbalanced host with centralized VHDX Profil managed by FSLogix. We have Creative Cloud licenses (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and we would like to be able to make this available on all 6 machines. To ensure only users with licenses could use the applicaiton we add the AppLocker policy (in addition to CC authentificaiton).

I've create a package from the adminconsole including all our softwares that are licensend and I deployed this on all host into the RDS Farm. After that I've logied in with my user to the first host and launch Photoshop without any problmes.

The problem happens when my account is redirected to a different host into the Farm. The creative cloud system informs me that the license is already activated on too many computers.

My quesitons are:

- Is CC installation possible on an RDS farm ?

- IF yes, what is the exact procedure ?

-If not, what is the recommended solution ?

Thank you in advance for your return,

Regards!

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Unfortunately, we have not tested the creative cloud apps on any virtual environment or terminal server. Currently, Acrobat is the only app that you can install and has dedicated support. There are multiple factors in the VDI/terminal server which generally causes the issue like permission, settings, profile, etc. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/using/creative-cloud-deployment-on-vdi.html

You can create a support case from the admin console and check with Adobe support if they can provid

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

We have done very limited testing on VMs and servers. The CC apps are not supported right now however our engineering team is working on it. Please check support boundaries: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/kb/technical-support-boundaries-virtualized-server-based.html.

I would suggest you to check the user profile (appdata>local>Adobe>OOBE) and credential manager where the login details are saved and if you are not signing out from the apps or the details are not clearing then you might have to make necessary changes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Techburner,

I am running a farm with a similar issue. Has there been any movement on official support for terminal environments? Or possibly any workarounds found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, we have not tested the creative cloud apps on any virtual environment or terminal server. Currently, Acrobat is the only app that you can install and has dedicated support. There are multiple factors in the VDI/terminal server which generally causes the issue like permission, settings, profile, etc. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/using/creative-cloud-deployment-on-vdi.html

You can create a support case from the admin console and check with Adobe support if they can provide any workaround.

Note: There will be VERY limited support in these environments for creative cloud apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Did you get it working?

We have the same issue, although only 2 servers and the users having even 2 licenses.

Once they switch due to load balancing they are required to sign in again, although they already had signed in on that server once before.

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here, cannot get a licensing mode that fits the need for roaming users over multi-host RDS Farm.

The sales told me that the "team" licensing is the way to go, but you can only activate 2 hosts, which create issues when the user roams on a third server.

There should be a real Shared Device licensing such as Microsoft 365 for Office on RDS farm.

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you get an update in the meantime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are still only 2 activated devices per licence allowed. You need to deactivate one of the devices to activate on a third.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines