• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Creative Cloud en Mac High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue in a school, a classroom suite of High Sierra Mac's that support Photoshop 21.2.12.

This is 2 generations older than the current version of 23.3.1

All I want to be able to do is use the Admin Console to download 2020 apps to keep the suite running until replacement. The latest version in education is not needed (and the hardware simply is not funded)

Replacement computers are ordered but > 6month delivery delays.

I can download 21.2.12 as a custom package in Adobe Console, but cannot download After Effects 17.6 (plus Premiere Pro + other apps)

I can still create packages for CS6, CC 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018, but the only versions I cannot fully download is 2019 and 2020 from adobe. There is a 'gap' downloading Adobe software which is disappointing for students learning Adobe software. We dont require any support, and pay yearly licencing.

Adobe poorly supports or understands education customers.

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe's trying to coerce users of its software to use the latest versions on up-to-date os's.  to that end the cc desktop app only offers the latest version and one version previous to the current.

if you want to make a suggestion to adobe, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - unfortunately for us in Education we do have a suite of hardware - from the latest to older. I have contacted enterprise and I am obtaining manual install links for required software.

The root of the problem is: (Media Encoder/Premiere Pro for example)

Adobe have removed all prior updates of Media Encoder/Premiere Pro 14, except for 14.9.2 in the Admin Console

High Sierra requires 14.8

This is the same for After Effects:

Adobe have removed all prior updates of After Effects, except for 17.7.1

High Sierra requires 17.5

Its the blanket removal of updates to the base version that is causing an issue for me.

It just now means I have to install several individual packages as I cannot make a custom package in the Admin Console with the versions required by High Sierra.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up contacting support for the individual packages no longer available in the Admin Console.

I now install CC from a mix of packaged apps from the Admin Console, and individual packages for the applications no longer available.

Not ideal, takes longer but it works.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines