• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCCM Detection Method for Acrobat 2017 Standard / Pro

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone deploying both Acrobat 2017 Standard and Pro as an application through SCCM, what are you using for the detection method to differentiate between 2017 Standard and Pro?

The default method (MSI product code) is exactly the same in both versions. Even the "Acrobat.exe" SHA1 hash is exactly the same, so using the EXE file version won't work either. I can't find any registry keys that differentiate between Standard and Pro either. If it weren't for the Help > About menu in each application, I couldn't tell which version I had installed.

Are these any registry keys I haven't found that tell whether Standard or Pro is installed?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the only difference is the TRANSFORM (which contains the serial for Pro or Std) I have used the following:

Adobe Acrobat Standard:

SCCM Detection Method
Windows Installer:  {AC76BA86-1033-FFFF-7760-0E1108756300}

and

File System:  C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{AC76BA86-1033-FFFF-7760-0E1108756300}\AcroStd.mst

Adobe Acrobat Professional:

SCCM Detection Method
Windows Installer:  {AC76BA86-1033-FFFF-7760-0E1108756300}

and

File System:  C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{AC76BA86-1033-FFFF-7760-0E1108756300}\AcroPro.mst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In later versions it looks like the same installer is used for both Standard and Pro.  I know SCCM had the software inventory future that can be used to record files based on extension or location.  I also know you can use software inventory to store a local copy of said files on the site server. (Under client settings).

I also know I can write a custom registry key to denote the version of acrobat installed

• This only handles one item, it would be best to set a loop for all .swidtag files as there may very well be more than one in the folder.

$file = "$Env:ALLUSERSPROFILE\regid.1986-12.com.adobe\regid.1986-12.com.adobe_V?{}*-Win-GM-*.swidtag"

#Test file presence
If (-NOT (Test-Path $file)) {
   Write-Output "File not found"; exit
}  

#Read and translate SWID license type
[xml]$swid = Get-Content -Path $file
$license = $swid.software_identification_tag.serial_number
switch ($license.Substring(0, [Math]::Min($license.Length, 4))) {
   '9101' { $Version = "Standard"; break }
   '9707' { $Version = "Pro"; break }
   '9096' { $Version = "CreativeCloud"; break }
   default { "Something else happened"; break }
}
$FileName = gci $file -name
$FNE = [regex]::Matches($FileName, "\d+(?!.*\d+)").value; $FNE

switch ($FNE) {
   '17' { $RegistryPath = "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\2017"; break }
   '20' { $RegistryPath = "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\2020"; break }
   default { $RegistryPath = "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\"; break }
}

# Create the key if it does not exist
If (-NOT (Test-Path $RegistryPath)) {
   New-Item -Path $RegistryPath -Force | Out-Null
}  
#Write Acrobat license type to registry
New-ItemProperty -Path $RegistryPath -Name 'InstalledVersion' -Value $Version -PropertyType String -Force

What I’m not sure of yet, is there a way to pull in a registry key for reporting / inventory purposes.

This is more just random thoughts and a few notes being added to the thread. If anyone can make use of this all the better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines