• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Security zone registry settings is enabled. Error code 708

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody encountered and resolved this problem? Downloaded CC desktop installer and received this error, even when running as administrator:

"Security zone registry settings is enabled. Please check. Error Code: 708"

I have no idea what this means. Any tips are appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

So after hours of running ProcMon to see what the issue is I found this page on adobes website.

The error itself turns out to be kind of generic, w/ a numbr of restrictions that could be blocking the install. For us its our heavily locked down group policy affecting what, where, and how applications can run.

This is a direct installer that allowed us to run installs using elevated privileges.
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

I think the alternative installer has the same problem now. Here is the fix that worked for me:

Open elevated regedt32

go to HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

change Security_HKLM_only DWORD from 1 to 0

execute the install

change it back or gpupdate.

Here's the getadmx page for the key in question:

https://admx.help/?Category=Windows_10_2016&Policy=Microsoft.Policies.InternetExplorer::Security_HKLM_only

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved my problem as well.  Thanks for the info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!!!
That worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all heroes wear capes!!! Absolute Legend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works. I NEVER would have figured this out myself. Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don't have the Security_HKLM_only key - any ideas why it would be missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option was navigating to gpedit.msc. go to Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Internet Explorer and Disable, Security Zones: Do not allow users to add/delete sites. After doing so you can add https://*adobe.com to the trusted sites which allowed me to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also solved my issue where all users coudn't use Adobe Acrobat Pro because they could not  sign-in. Error was "Update required, your browser or operating system is no longer supported..." . Which was not the cause for use obviously. I remove this setting from a GPO used since years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well.  Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this worked.
Just want to know what this exactly means going forward and any risks that I might have since i've changed the value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you share pictures of the steps?

3ngr.mz7@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good answer !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I tried to follow these steps but my configurations seem different. Can anyone advise on what might be my next step here? See screenshot below: I highlighted the folder options for when I get to Internet Settings.
Thank you in advance!

Adobe Error Code 708.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you went too deep - click on Internet Settings folder and look at the settings to the right. You went two levels deeper (to Zones, and then to 0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Infelizmente não tô conseguindo instalar o Premiere.

Isso está acarretando no atraso do meu trabalho.

Peço ajuda sobre o assunto!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seriously should not be this damn hard @adobe to provide a simple exec installer to your paying customers. This is unfournately what I have come accustomed to. Having to ask other customers for help because your development team seems to be none existent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these solutions worked for me. The only thing that did was to go into the Windows security registry. Follow these steps. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html?promoid=Z662FS34&m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update “Security Baseline for Windows 10 and later”

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer security zones use only machine settings

Disabled

Save and Re Sync computer from “Access Work or School”, “Info”

Will remove

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Security_HKLM_only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dowlingm  response was what worked for me.

• Open REGEDIT as administrator
  • Modify the DWORD data from 1 to 0

HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settingschange Security_HKLM_only DWORD

• execute your installation
  • After installing it and testing that it works, bring back the DWORD value from 0 to 1. You want security in your computer. 

Now I think this policy is inheretit from policies created on my Microsoft Azure Office 365 configuration. I am the admin and modified some stuff, but it took to much TIME to populate, so I just went straight to applied @dowlingm  the recomendations. Thank you @dowlingm

I am using Acronis Cloud Cyber Protection, and it has a "Device Control" option in the Cyber Protect Console in the End Point Management console, that blocks software  installations as well, so for some people it might be a problem too. 

#acronis #cyberfit #ipthub #adobeDC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We had this problem when we turned on the security baselines. There is a setting in the security baseline under the internet exporer section. The setting is "Internet Explorer security zones use only machine settings". Set this to disabled and you can install Adobe products as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines