• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

silent uninstallation of Adobe CC of Mac

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I uninstall all Adobe Creative Cloud applications silently on a Mac?   I've followed the instructions here and it still prompts me with a dialogue box.

Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6

Step 6 says the following but it still prompts the user... plus is doesn't indicate that quotes are used:

1. In a Terminal window, type the following command:
    sudo [Path to Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.app]/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool ‐‐removeAll= CREATIVECLOUDCS6PRODUCTS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

It is not a PKG Installer so the above command does not work. Below is the link please share the Command Line for below Installer to proceed deployment silently

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app/uninstaller_latest/creative_cloud_uninstallermac.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Enterprise Deployment for Creative Cloud, Creative Suite   forum.

Thanks,

Atul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

On Mac OS, use the following command:

sudo installer -pkg <uninstall_pkg_name> -target /

When the uninstall is finished, check the install location to see that the applications were removed.

Note: Uninstall packages are not created for update package.

Sarika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not a PKG Installer so the above command does not work. Below is the link please share the Command Line for below Installer to proceed deployment silently

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still doesn't work. The command:

/Adobe\ Creative\ Cloud\ Cleaner\ Tool.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Creative\ Cloud\ Cleaner\ Tool ‐‐removeAll= CREATIVECLOUDCS6PRODUCTS

just starts the Cleaner app. This is pointless when trying to silently uninstall CC. The link to the moved discussion is broken as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following worked for me.  No prompt and no user interaction.

sudo /Adobe\ Creative\ Cloud\ Cleaner\ Tool.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Creative\ Cloud\ Cleaner\ Tool --removeAll=All

or

sudo [Path to Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.app]/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool --removeAll=All

The problem I found was copy/pasting the command from this site into the terminal, the two dashes/minus/hyphens "--" between 'Tool'  and 'removeAll=All' were not the same as what was naturally type in the terminal.  When I replaced them and changed to '=All' it worked.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works! But, only removes the apps and leaves lots of Adobe junk behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For one reason or another my fix doesn't appear to be showing 

(and I have no idea why Adobe hasn't documented it).  Add --eulaAccepted=1 to the command and it appears to skip the GUI entirely.  In my case, I put it before the removeAll section so my command looks something like the following:

sudo /Volumes/CleanerTool/Adobe\ Creative\ Cloud\ Cleaner\ Tool.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Creative\ Cloud\ Cleaner\ Tool --eulaAccepted=1 --removeAll=ALL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Command is Not working still pop-up occurs. Is there any other solution to initiate Uninstall Tool silently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines