• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So so painful dealing with Adobe these days over the phone

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole Adobe experience is just difficult.
Besides the pain of having to add licences once you get beyond 5, it's just difficult to deal with them on the phone.
I want to enable OKTA / SAML so users don't have to remember passwords anymore and then hassle IT when we're already spending the bulk of our time calling Adobe to manually create licences for us and then go to the approval panel and so on and so forth.

This is how my call went today.

Me - Hello, I'm wondering how I can upgrade our plan so I can enable OKTA single sign on. 

Adobe - Why would you want to do that? It's so much more expensive. Anyways, I understand you want to add some Acrobat DC licences. I can just do that with you on the phone.

Me - Look, yes, you can add those licences but I'm just worn out from having to manually do this and when people forget their password, they don't know that they can manage this themselves and then they call IT and I have to deal with it. I just want to speak to an account manager so we can update our plan.

Adobe - But people can reset their own password and manage themselves. Why do you want to spend thousands more to upgrade to enterprise pricing? It makes no sense.

Me - Look.... We have OKTA. I want to be able to use OKTA so users can just log in with single sign on and I can do other things in IT besides dealing with Adobe things all day.

Adobe - But it's so much more expensive. Why don't you just let me assign you licences. You can just email me every time and I'll just do it. It's simple.

Me - Fine. Assign me 5 licences for Acrobat DC.

Adobe - Ok, done. Now just (proceeds to tell me the things I need to do for the next 5 minutes to get this done)

Me - Fine... Ok, this is done. Can I pleas speak to a Consultant now so I can enable OKTA on my account.

Adobe - Sir...Why would you want to do that? I already assigned the licences to you.

Me - The reason I called.... was to get my account enabled. for

Adobe - I already told you. It's too expensive.

Me - Please, just get a consultant to email me or something.

Adobe - Ok, I will try to get a consultant to contact you.

I give it a less than -10% chance that this consultant is going to call me.

I remember Adobe used to be this high standard high end thing. I feel like I want to go to market with my own product now and develop an enterprise solution that's easy to deal with and looks after customers.

It's like Adobe think they are the most important thing in your day.

I'm an IT guy. My dream for interactions with Adobe are "I assign a licence." The end

TOPICS
Acrobat , Admin console , Enterprise , Identity and SSO , Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Kindly check as I have sent a personal email with some details with you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really suspect some horrible sales practices at this company now.
Every time I am forced to call Adobe, someone trys to work in a way where they have to do the purchasing on my behalf.
The latest call forced me to completely delete my account and then re-create the entire account and licnces all at once. I assume, giving every licences purchase to the sales person on the phone.

The way this company has been behaving in the last year or so is beyond shameful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really apologize for the experience you had with Adobe support. 

It seems that you would like to use SSO using OKTA to authenticate the users using their org's credentials. Currently, I think you have a DIRECT/Team contract and this feature is not available with your current contract.

I would recommend filling the consultation form where one of our consultants will help you in getting enterprise licenses using which you can set up SSO: https://www.adobe.com/in/products/request-consultation/creative-cloud.html

You can use the below article to set up SSO using OKTA: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/kb/configure-okta-with-adobe-sso.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue now isn't just to do with SSO.

The issue is that every time I'm forced to contact Adobe over the phone they are trying to force sale onto their own sales code and will use any forceful language in order to get it done.

I'm either going to get a call from Adobe Australia today and feel that my concerns are being met and dealt with or I'm going to keep going with this until you guys clean up your act. I left a message for them to call me.

Adobe is meant to be one small portion of my day and zero stress. In the last 12 months, every interaction with you guys has been extremely difficult and it's all about the people overseas that are managing the phones and trying to make money for themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kindly check as I have sent a personal email with some details with you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines