• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software tag is not installed

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are useing Creative Cloud Packager to make the installation file for Adobe CC. Then we distribute it with SCCM.

On 50 % of our computers the software id tag is created in the the standard location for win7/10 %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\regid.1986-12.com.adobe. But on the rest of win 7/10 computers only the folder is created not the swi tag file. Have we missed something when we created the installation packaged in CCP?

As i understand the Software tagging in Adobe Products it should create the file when Adobe CC is installed or runned for the first time. I've tryied to installed for ex. Publiser CC but the file is still missing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Not every application will have a SWID tag created - only those that were previously part of the Creative Suite. You mention installing Publisher CC - but I am not sure what application you are referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed and run the following programs Adobe Photoshop CC 2019, Adobe Illustratror CC 2019 and Adobe Indesign CC 2019. None of them have created the SWID tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information. I understand that CC 2019 applications which use a new licensing system, will not create a SWID tag - however I am checking this with our engineering team. If you have leftover serialized licensing on your system you may be picking up the SWID tag from this on some systems. For license management you can refer to the Admin Console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is when our inventory software (Snow inventory) tries to inventory Adobe Cerative Cloud as a bundled software it searces and uses the SWID-tag. We wish to have them included as is when we create a Creative Cloud package from the admin portal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I'll let you know when I get some feedback on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines