• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create unattended install that removes old version

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use PDQ to deploy applications and I have a couple dozen installs of Adobe Creative cloud and its suite of applications. The unattended install works fine. But when I create a new installer in the admin console for any of these apps, and deploy it... it ends up installing side by side with the old version. So now I have for example Adobe Animator 2020 and 2021. 

To make it worse, PDQ has a tool to uninstall an app, but when I use that, it does not work without interaction, as it requires a person to answer whether or not to save their apps settings. 

Ideally, I'd like to be able to install an updated Adobe application and remove the old one at the same time, entirely by script. Sorry, if that's easy and I just missed it somehow, but any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I have been searching for this for a while already without success. 

Additionally, is it possible to remove an application without any interaction? I saw an article direct to add --deleteuserpreference=true which I have tried, but it did not seem to resolve that. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Admin console , Deploy and package apps , Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I have sent a separate message with the links to download the uninstaller which does not require user interaction however you have to work on the XML file (within the uninstaller package) and define the product with the version which you would like to remove from the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines