• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to silently unistall Photoshop 14 from remote PCs. Also, cannot use Creative Cloud Packager.

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a number of machines in our organization that are running Photoshop CC 14.  We have pushed out the most recent version (20) but the old is still there.  We want to remove it as it shows as a security risk.  However, it has proven near impossible to remove this remotely.  The uninstall string that is returned for it doesn't seem to want to run via powershell, and the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool does not seem to have command line options to run silently and ask for language and other input.

This is what is listed as the uninstall string:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDApp.exe --appletID="DWA_UI" --appletVersion="2.0" --mode="Uninstall" --mediaSignature="{2D99B50E-431D-4AA8-85C1-172A6F8BCF09}"

I downloaded the Creative Cloud Packager from the Adobe Admin console in hopes of making an uninstaller, but when I log in, it redirects to our central authentication service (as it should) and then after I enter my credentials it immediately signs me out.  So that doesn't seem to work either.

Is there some way to do this or is it honestly going to take sending someone around to physically put there hands on these (hundred or so) PCs and uninstall via Programs and Features???

Thanks,

JB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?