• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do new accounts need to have a birthday entered when registering?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently noticed new accounts need to have a date of birth entered when registering. This presents a problem for my current onboarding process of new employees. I usually take the time to install and create the Adobe account when setting up new employees so they can start work on day one. Also, it allows me to setup Acrobat DC as the default program and tweak any other settings. 

So should I type in a generic DOB just to pass the setup field or hope that my new employee can navigate through setting this all up themselves?

DOB should be optional during account creation.

TOPICS
Admin console , Enterprise , Manage account , Teams

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

A generic DOB cannot be acceptable. You are certifying the details are correct. A date of birth is needed because some services are restricted by age. Surely the employee's date of birth is received, for legal reasons, by HR as part of the recruitment process, and is as known to them as the employee's name.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A generic DOB cannot be acceptable. You are certifying the details are correct. A date of birth is needed because some services are restricted by age. Surely the employee's date of birth is received, for legal reasons, by HR as part of the recruitment process, and is as known to them as the employee's name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure that I agree as a generic DoB should be acceptable, after all the minimum age of 13 cannot apply to an employee.

I have a MacBook to add a CC lience too and all I currently have is the name. I'd argue that combining DoB and name is a way for Adobe to build extra data on a user. Is that GDPR compliant? As the user cannot opt out, nor can I set those dates in admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines