• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why error: "The data in the file [file name] has already been added to the response file"

Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error is returned after attempting to import the data from any more than one reader-enabled PDF form into the associated Portfolio response file.

It has never occurred before. In fact, the same response file was used to import dozens of files in November.

At the risk of cross-posting, I've received no answers elsewhere from the community of users and developers. I just found this forum for enterprise deployments, which fits this use case.

The error doesn't appear to be documented anywhere. I have no idea what's causing the error. The Portfolio file is documented, nevertheless, as the Adobe solution for extracting and tracking dynamic data from PDF forms.

This isn't the first time I've run into Livecycle/Acrobat issues where I couldn't find an answer to a technical issue (not beyond "install the latest version" -- which didn't work).

The environment is Adobe Acrobat 10.1.4.38, LiveCycle 9.0, Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP Professional.

This is becoming a very urgent issue, and it's satisfactory resolution could influence whether my client continues to use Adobe products in the future -- and whether I continue to advocate for their use as a developer. That is not overstated.

I would very much appreciate assistance.

If no assistance is available here, can anyone please recommend how developers are supposed to get technical support for undocumented issues in a piece of software that is the second largest software purchase that I've personally made, and recommended to clients in the last year?

Brian D.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here... did you solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines