• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Adobe Acrobat DC Installer not detecting VC++ 2013 x64?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempting to install the application via MSI was quitting immediately when ran silently. I removed the silent flag to see that the installer was complaining about not detecting VC++ 2013 x64 on my machine.

I checked and I have the latest version installed already (12.0.40660). I've attempted to uninstall/reinstall the VC++ 2013 x64 package as well as run the repair portion, but Acrobat still cannot detect it.

Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a choice when using the MSI command line...

Adobe Properties — Enterprise Administration Guide 

InstallationDC and laterIGNOREVCRT64Since Acrobat looks for Visual C++ x64 2013 Runtime (VC) by default, set IGNOREVCRT64 to 1 if it is not present AND not needed. IGNOREVCRT64 need only be used when all of the following are true:
  • During Acrobat installs on 64-bit machines
  • When Visual C++ x64 2010 SP1 Runtime is not installed
  • Installation is NOT done via setup.exe.
  • The following functionality is NOT needed: 1) Acrobat PDF Creation add-on (PDFMaker plugin) for Microsoft Office 64-bit applications (viz. Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) and 2) sending emails or resolving addresses via 64-bit Microsoft Outlook.
Since Acrobat looks for Visual C++ x64 2013 Runtime (VC) by default, set to 1 if it is not present AND not needed. During non-setup.exe installs when VC is not present, installation behavior is as follows:
  • Command line installs abort if IGNOREVCRT64=1 is not passed.
  • UI installs display a dialog asking the user whether they would like to continue or cancel.
  • Setup.exe installs succeed. Installs never abort as the property is passed while spawning the MSI.
For MSI installs, use Require64BitVC10RT in the Setup.ini file under the Startup section.
Installation11.x onlyIGNOREVC10RTIGNOREVC10RT need only be used when all of the following are true:
  • During Acrobat installs on 64-bit machines
  • When Visual C++ x64 2010 SP1 Runtime is not installed
  • Installation is NOT done via setup.exe.
  • The following functionality is NOT needed: 1) Acrobat PDF Creation add-on (PDFMaker plugin) for Microsoft Office 64-bit applications (viz. Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) and 2) sending emails or resolving addresses via 64-bit Microsoft Outlook.
Since Acrobat looks for Visual C++ x64 2010 SP1 Runtime (VC) by default, set IGNOREVC10RT to 1 if it is not present AND not needed. During non-setup.exe installs when VC is not present, installation behavior is as follows:
  • Command line installs abort if IGNOREVC10RT=1 is not passed.
  • UI installs display a dialog asking the user whether they would like to continue or cancel.
  • Setup.exe installs succeed. Installs never abort as the property is passed while spawning the MSI.
For MSI installs, use Require64BitVC10RT in the Setup.ini file under the Startup section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Steve.

I did read that before I posted and I was able to install with that parameter. The question remains why can't it detect the VC++ 2013 even though it is installed?

My fear is that deploying this to my users, I'll suddenly get tickets asking why they can't use it with Office.

That being said, are the optional features ONLY for 64-bit versions of Office? We have 32-bit Office 365 installed and I did notice that the add-on fir AdobePDF Creation was Inactive "due to a runtime error". Does this mean the 32-bit version is also affeced by this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am finding this an issue with msiexec installs.  i'd like to use the transforms option set and bypass the VC++ message.  I have included IGNOREVCRT64=1 as we are wanting to deploy Adobe DC Std/Pro but this option isn't working in our testing.  It still prompts about VC++. 

[Startup]

RequireOS=Windows 7

RequireMSI=3.1

RequireIE=7.0.0000.0

IGNORE64BitVCRT=1

CmdLine=/spb /rs

Would also like to know what damage we cause for those 64bit office installs by doing this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The documentation says "For MSI installs, use Require64BitVC10RT in the Setup.ini file under the Startup section."  it looks like you are trying to use "IGNOREVCRT64"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated this and I now have Require64bitVC10RT=0 which should say don't install, right?

even with that change, still receiving pop-up that it needs to be installed.

[Startup]

RequireOS=Windows 7

RequireMSI=3.1

RequireIE=7.0.0000.0

Require64BitVC10RT=0

CmdLine=/sAll /rs

Simpy calling the msi --msiexec /i acrostd.msi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Running AcroPro.msi IGNOREVC10RT=1 works

I tried editing the setup.ini to try the following options, none work:

• IGNOREVCRT64=1
  • IGNOREVCRT64=0
  • Require64BitVC10RT=1
  • Require64BitVC10RT=0
  • Require64BitVCRT=1
  • Require64BitVCRT=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have figured out my issue.  I used msiexec /i acrostd.msi IGNOREVCRT64=1 transforms="
acrostd.mst" and this resolved my problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx Michael, I will try your solution.

I'm having the same issue.

This started with Windows 10 (1709) - I have no issues with the same package for Windows 10 (1703).adobedc_fail.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm michaeld59386914​​'s assessment.

/i acrostd.msi IGNOREVCRT64=1 transforms="

acrostd.mst"  works.

The setting in the .ini files does not work. And yes, I used the correct setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three versions of the 2013 redist.

21005 and 30501 can co-exist.

30501 and 40660 can both be listed in add remove programs but when you look at the data only 40660 is really installed.

The adobe installer is specifically looking for the older version of the same redist which can not be on the machine if you are fully patched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines