• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Adobe Phone Support So Awful?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a company that has tens of billions of dollars in assets, how shameless to offer such dismal phone support.

I have tried three times to call for phone support for a basic question about Illustrator. All three times I have been transferred to India. I am not a prejudiced person, but I literally cannot understand what these people are saying. Does anyone know if there is a way to talk to the phone to a native-English speaker? Talk about nickel-and-diming your customers. I've never enountered a tech company with such horrific support.

Geesh.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

@Scott5F8F wrote:

Jane, hi, the accents.

The accents have never been an issue for me. As long as people can give me correct information, I'm happy. If it is for you, though, here are some other ways to reach support:

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So first, this is the Photoshop, not Illustrator forum. And most here are end-users supporting other users. We are not Adobe and can't help you with your disappointment with their phone support. 

IF you have a Photoshop issue and need help from other users: Ask

If you have an Illustrator issue and need help from other users: Ask in the Illustrator forum. 

If you're just here to rant, you're not going to get much traction. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Scott5F8F 

Are you saying support is "horrific" because of the accents of the techs or because they are giving you wrong information?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, hi, the accents. I am an English prof and a very good guy. I deal with all kinds of languages and English-learners. I am very flexible and adaptable. But Jane, I could barely understand the people I spoke, due to the very thick accent. I called three separate times -- same result. 

With Amazon, for instance, one can ask for American support and they will transfer you. The Adobe folks said they had no way to do that; they also said there was no other phone number they could give me.

I just amazed that a couple dripping with money that makes such iconic products would offer so little support after the purchase. 

Thank You,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, I'll just add that I spoke to someone in Adobe Sales today, and he made it clear in our short talk that he was aware of the poor quality of their phone support. He made it VERY clear. So people are aware of it on the inside. 

I'm just amazed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My core belief is that if you're complaining about something for more than three minutes, two minutes ago you should have done something about it.“ -Caitlin Moran

Do you want help here or not?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Scott5F8F wrote:

Jane, hi, the accents.

The accents have never been an issue for me. As long as people can give me correct information, I'm happy. If it is for you, though, here are some other ways to reach support:

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, thanks for your response.

Apparently the plan my employer has signed up for offers the very minimum of support. I tried the chat option and was told that our plan does not include Chat. I was told to contact the administrator of our plan at my place of employment, people who know nothing about this application or any other. 

If you have any way to reach someone at Adobe Corporate internally so I could request to speak to someone that is a native-English speaker, I would greatly appreciate the info. They also ohave the phones blocked so you can't speak to a living human. Otherwise I will have to post in the AI forum and pray for someone with knowledge who cares enough to help, or to pay someone for the help that Adobe show be providing -- as hundreds of their competitors do, at a vastly more accessible and reasonable levels -- for free.

Thanks so much for your time and patience with me.

All the Best,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Scott5F8F 

We are supposed to make a note if we move or lock a thread, but I see that a moderator moved your thread from Photoshop to Illustrator anonymously. Possibly the same moderator also locked it without attribution. I have unlocked it.

I don't know if you marked my reply "correct" or someone else did, but I can unmark it if you disagree.

@Scott5F8F wrote:

Apparently the plan my employer has signed up for offers the very minimum of support. I tried the chat option and was told that our plan does not include Chat. I was told to contact the administrator of our plan at my place of employment, people who know nothing about this application or any other. 

May I ask you what kind of plan your employer has? Is it for Teams? Or Enterprise? Or ??? I don't know how support works there, but I can ask.

In addition, you can post your actual question in a new thread and get support from extremely qualified users, at least one of whom is a former Adobe employee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Scott5F8F 

In addition, you can post your actual question in a new thread and get support from extremely qualified users, at least one of whom is a former Adobe employee.

By @jane-e

That opportunity has always been there, since the first reply and thus far, it doesn't appear he is interested in describing the issue for anyone to provide support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Scott5F8F,

Since you are on an managed subscription you will have to contact your administrator to sort it out for you. The following link might help you to locate who your administrator is

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/contact-administrator.html

Now if your issue is with using the program like how to do something, somethnig is possible or not, which program to use for creating something and other questiions like it, you can post you query on to the respective forums and you are more likely to get brilliant solutions/suggestions from fellow users. However if it's account related then you will have to go through the admin route.

In the meanwhile I will move this to the Enterprise and Teams forum

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines