• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working offline fail

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I manage a team and we use Creative Cloud for our software applications.  We are on yearly subscriptions.  

Woke up this Monday morning to begin work and discovered by internet provider was down. Thought, no problem I can use Cloud offline, if I've logged in during the last 30 days as a minimum.  I use Creative Cloud all day everyday except weekends.  So I thought that I can go ahead and get to work. Except, no, no I can't.

Photoshop took 30 minutes to load, Bridge about the same. Photoshop was fine until I acutally tried to do something. Unexpectedly Quit.  After about 6 repeats of this I gave up. Decided to work in Bridge on image archving. Again maybe 3 steps in, Unexcpectedly Quit.  So I'll do some reference data / work with Acrobat. Took 15 minutes to load, would stall out between actions and evenutally gave up. None of the apps loaded in any kind of reasonable time and when they did they simply didn't function.

Realize I had used Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Acrobat, Bridge, Camera Raw and InDesign on Thursday and now 96 hours later, Monday, no internet, no applications.

Monday afternoon, internet came back-up everything works perfectly.

So why am I paying for software the doesn't function as advertised and the 1st time, I need to use it offline, it completely fails.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not a team/enterprise expert so if the answer is different from individual subscriptions, i've moved your message.

for individual subscribers the only reliable way i've found to use cc programs offline is, while online, open all the programs i plan to use while offline.  minimize but don't close them.  then while offline they're ready for use.

<moved from cc services>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesus, so in other words it doesn't really function.

You can't "plan" to work offline if the only reason you need to do so is because your service provider has an outage.

I appreciate your candor, but this is nonsense isn't it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i used this (opening adobe programs on my laptop) when i travel, in the years when i traveled.

for someone with significant problems from internet outages, it will work for them too.  and for users that have insignificant outages, they don't have to bother.

and, if there's some other issue, you can always complain.  here's a better place to complain, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, I'll "complain" there.

but if your employment depends on being able to perform there are no "insignificant outages".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree about internet outages, but for me (a free lancer), while i can work without internet, i can't do much (or don't want to do much) work without client feedback and i can't easily show work in progress without internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Understood

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines