• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates to your operating system.

It is not working. I'm in lockdown at a university computer and it just stoped working. The university is not working for support. I have no admin access.

It just stoped working at all.

Thats is insane. Askinkg me to update windows explorer, that is the worse joke ever. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

I think that the issue and solution are explained in this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/update-operating-system-and-browser.html. However, you'll need admin privileges to apply the workarounds.

Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Microsoft and will be retired soon. For best experience, we suggest moving to modern, secure browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>lockdown at a university computer

1st - what IS your hardware and operating system

2nd - if you can't update because it is not your computer, you will need to have a university person do that for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the issue and solution are explained in this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/update-operating-system-and-browser.html. However, you'll need admin privileges to apply the workarounds.

Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Microsoft and will be retired soon. For best experience, we suggest moving to modern, secure browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikrant

The page you refer to doesn't help me.  I do not have Explorer installed at all.  I tried the fix suggested below to the settings for Edge but that also hasn't worked.  Help!

Cheers, Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case there is still someone out there (like me) who ran into this issue: 

On MS Edge, 

1. Navigate to Settings and more (Alt + F) > Settings > Default browser.

2. In the Default browser page, under Internet Explorer compatibility section, click on the dropdown of Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode and select Allow.

This is irrespective of the default browser setting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Thanks for this suggestion.  But I tried it and I still can't get past the original issue.  Is it because I have  previously deinstalled Explorer? I am trying to reinstall a legal version of Photoshop Elements 2019.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too do not (did not) have internet explorer - MS Edge is supposed to emulate it... However my issue was with Adobe Acrobat Reader. 

Is Adobe support not helping at all?

Best wishes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no support for Adobe's free products. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a free product.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for causing confusion. The most recent post, by  Manish23522516dn6e, said "my issue was with Adobe Acrobat Reader. Is Adobe support not helping at all?" Acrobat Reader is fre, so Adobe support will not help. Photoshop Elements is not free, of course, and Adobe should help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that the official stance of Adobe? That Acrobat Reader does not get support because it is a "free" product? This issue is common with Adobe Acrobat as well, which is a paid product, will Reader not recieve any updates to fix this issue because it is a "free" product? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Is that the official stance of Adobe? That Acrobat Reader does not get support because it is a "free" product?" I don't work for Adobe, but of course that's their stance. If you give away billions of downloads, you don't stay in business if you pay people to deal with all the questions people have. "This issue is common with Adobe Acrobat as well, which is a paid product," Then Adobe will talk to you, if you are also using a supported system.

"Does not get support" here does not mean bugs are not fixed. It means you can't get in touch with a human to talk about problems.

If you believe you have a bug in Acrobat OR the free Reader you can report it at https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html, but you will get no feedback or case number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines