Highlighted

About Installer\Migrate registry key

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the following post https://forums.adobe.com/message/8102575#8102575? any registry key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2015\Installer\Migrate will generate a key under HKCU when the user access the application for the first time.

First of all I would like to know if that key is officially documented somewhere. I spent hours with Google and find nothing ! The application I would like to deploy is Adobe Reader DC and I wonder if I should change 2015 with DC. Secondly I wonder how the application detects it is launched for the first time. I suppose it checks a registry key, but I have no idea which one and it will take too much time to investigate. The reason I ask is that the HKCU keys are not created also if I manually edit the HKLM registry. Before wasting other time I would like to be sure the key is correct and there is nothing dirty from previous installations which compromise my tests.

Thanks

Filippo

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

About Installer\Migrate registry key

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the following post https://forums.adobe.com/message/8102575#8102575? any registry key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2015\Installer\Migrate will generate a key under HKCU when the user access the application for the first time.

First of all I would like to know if that key is officially documented somewhere. I spent hours with Google and find nothing ! The application I would like to deploy is Adobe Reader DC and I wonder if I should change 2015 with DC. Secondly I wonder how the application detects it is launched for the first time. I suppose it checks a registry key, but I have no idea which one and it will take too much time to investigate. The reason I ask is that the HKCU keys are not created also if I manually edit the HKLM registry. Before wasting other time I would like to be sure the key is correct and there is nothing dirty from previous installations which compromise my tests.

Thanks

Filippo

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you spent hours with Google - but you don't say whether you downloaded and read the enterprise deployment documentation.

For 2015 versus DC - are you deploying the Classic or Continuous track?

But it may all be moot. Did you read the post you linked to the end? Seems that nobody could get it working with DC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test Screen Name ha scritto:

You say you spent hours with Google - but you don't say whether you downloaded and read the enterprise deployment documentation.

Can you provide a link to the latest documentation available ?

Test Screen Name ha scritto:

But it may all be moot. Did you read the post you linked to the end? Seems that nobody could get it working with DC.

According to  my understanding of the post the author complains there is a bug and the registry keys are created in the wrong place inside HKLM, At the beginning he says he moved them in the right location and I thought this workaround was successful.

I too manually moved the registry keys in the right place but the application didn't create the correct ones inside HKCU at the first access.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the Admin Guide and Pref Ref. The Migrate pref is not documented as customers are not advised to modify that key.

Start here: Pre-Deployment Planning — Enterprise Administration Guide

It's not clear to me from the other bug if the issue is fixed. Try the latest Acrobat update along with the latest Wizard.

HTH.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The documentation/toolkit is linked from the main page if this sub forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines