Acrobat DC 21 installation error during task sequence

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're using SCCM task sequences to deploy Windows 10 20H2 and multiple applications on our computers.  We created a package for Adobe Acrobat DC 21.1.20135.0 using the admin console.  The package installs perfectly fine when launched manually in Windows 10 (double clicking the setup.exe file) but it fails every time when launched from the task sequence.  The installation of Acrobat DC 19 in the same task sequence works fine.

 

Here's the interesting portion of the log file (full log attached):

02/24/21 12:42:54:688 | [INFO] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 3524 | Installing third party payload
02/24/21 12:42:54:688 | [INFO] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 3524 | Third party application path:C:\WINDOWS\ccmcache\6\Files\Setup\APRO21.0\Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe
02/24/21 12:42:54:688 | [INFO] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 3524 | CommandLine: /sALL /sPP /re /sMutexTimeout "5" /sl "fr_FR" /msi INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC" EULA_ACCEPT="YES" SUITEMODE=1 OWNERSHIP_STATE=1 LANG_LIST="fr_FR" AS_DISABLE_LEGACY_COLOR=1 IGNOREAAM=1 REMOVE_PREVIOUS=NO PRODUCT_SOURCE=CCDA ENFORCE_NGL=1
02/24/21 12:44:17:654 | [INFO] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 3524 | Third party payload completed. Testing return code: 1603
02/24/21 12:44:17:654 | [ERROR] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 3524 | DW071:
02/24/21 12:44:17:654 | [ERROR] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 3524 | DW003: Third party payload installer Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe failed with exit code: 1603
02/24/21 12:44:17:750 | [INFO] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 5288 | *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=* Operation complete. Setting status: 2 =*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
02/24/21 12:44:17:750 | [INFO] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 5288 | :: END TIMER :: [Payload Operation :Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe_21.001.20135] took 82966.7 milliseconds (82.9667 seconds) DTR = 1376.36 KBPS (1.3441 MBPS)
02/24/21 12:44:17:750 | [INFO] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 5288 | Calling the ROLLBACK custom action code for pre-install for payload Adobe Acrobat DC 21.1.20135.0 Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe_21.001.20135
02/24/21 12:44:17:750 | [INFO] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 5288 | No operation. We're done:
02/24/21 12:44:19:782 | [INFO] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 5288 | Total components installed: 0
02/24/21 12:44:19:782 | [INFO] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 5288 | Total components repaired: 0
02/24/21 12:44:19:782 | [INFO] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 5288 | Total components removed: 0
02/24/21 12:44:19:782 | [WARN] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 5288 | DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:
02/24/21 12:44:19:782 | [WARN] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 5288 | DW050: - Adobe Acrobat DC: Install failed
02/24/21 12:44:19:782 | [INFO] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 5288 | Call PostSession Custom Hook
02/24/21 12:44:19:782 | [INFO] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 5288 | :: END TIMER :: [Total Timer] took 87357.2 milliseconds (87.3572 seconds) DTR = 1307.64 KBPS (1.27699 MBPS)
02/24/21 12:44:20:813 | [INFO] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 5288 | -------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
02/24/21 12:44:20:813 | [INFO] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 5288 | - 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s)
02/24/21 12:44:20:813 | [INFO] | | OOBE | DE | | | | 5288 | Win OS version: 10.0.0.0 64 bit Type: 1

 

Any idea why this is happening?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

256

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

New Here , Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021
Found the problem, thanks to someone on reddit.  The patch 20135 is faulty and fails during a task sequence.  You need to grab the latest patch (I used 20142) and use that in your package instead of the bad one that comes with the package created from the Admin Console.  What a mess...

Likes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the problem, thanks to someone on reddit.  The patch 20135 is faulty and fails during a task sequence.  You need to grab the latest patch (I used 20142) and use that in your package instead of the bad one that comes with the package created from the Admin Console.  What a mess...

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the follow up post Yann5C2A. Same problem here and your fix of replacing the faulty msp with a later one worked for us.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines