Exit

Acrobat Pro DC continuous App-V 5.1 - Start icon not being created

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC 2017.009.20058

App-V Sequencer 10.0.15063.0

(This same question has been posted in the App-V Support forums as well)

I've successfully created and deployed Adobe Reader DC with the only struggle being that I cannot get the "Check for Updates" option to go away in the Help menu even though I've set the "bUpdater" registry key to 0 when customizing the msi within the customization wizard.  (Since I just typed all that, any help with this would be nice too!)

My current issue is with Acrobat Pro DC.  When I package it using the App-V sequencer, all goes great, except during deployment via SCCM.  Even though the option (which was set within the Adobe Customization Wizard) is set to leave the start menu icon (I am in fact removing the desktop icon, which works) the Start Menu icon does not appear (in the Alphabetical list nor in Recently Added) although the Distiller icon does appear (which is fine).

I hit the Start button and type "Acrobat" and the program is found and can be launched and used without a problem, but isn't an acceptable method for our end users.

Anyone else having this same problem?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines