Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC packaged for Windows 32bit and 64bit fails to install

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tried to install Acrobat Pro DC several times now but without success. Is the downloaded package broken or is there something else wrong?

I've been using the Creative Cloud Packager to build a package that only contains the "Core Components" and "Acrobat Pro DC".

After the package is built successfully it says I then try installing it. I run the setup.exe in the package and the popup window below immediately pops up.

20150820 Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - install window.PNG

After a few seconds the popup window above just disappears. There is no message saying the software was installed ... no error message.. nothing.

When I check for Adobe Pro DC its not installed anywhere on the computer.

I cant seem to pinpoint any obvious issues in the logs either.

I've zipped the logs and made it available here: http://1drv.ms/1Mz4OVF

I've tried purging the cache in the Creative Cloud Packager to rebuild the package several times.

I've tried rebuilding a package for Windows 32bit and Windows 64bit.

Each time I just rebuild a new package containing the "Core Components" and "Acrobat Pro DC".

I've tried installing on Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Pro.

But whenever I try installing the package with Acrobat Pro DC it doesn't seem to install Acrobat Pro DC.

I initially built a package with InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat. InDesign and Photoshop installed fine but Acrobat was missing. Hence I started to try building a package with just Acrobat with no success in installing.

Could someone please help me? Thanks

Kind Regards,

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally got Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to install after I saw a similar issue https://forums.adobe.com/message/6379831#6379831

I followed the instructions to run setup.exe and the ExceptionDeployer.exe

First open a command prompt as administrator then go to the build package directory and ran the following:

1. From Build run setup.exe.

2. Go to Exception and run the command: ExceptionDeployer.exe --workflow=install --mode=post.

After running ExceptionDeployer I got the following error message "Error: Conflicting Processes running."

Then I googled for "adobe conflicting process" and found this page https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/resolving-process-conflicts.html

Then I closed all web browsers and office applications. Basically close all programs running but keep the command prompt running.

Ran the ExceptionDeployer again and success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines