Highlighted

Adding PDFMaker for Office 2010 (Acrobat X Pro) - Add-In switches to French

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have close to 900 installs of Acrobat X Pro out in our Windows 7 SP1 environment and there was a request to now enable the Office Add-In for Acrobat X Pro.

Manually adding the Office Add-In through the Add/Remove Programs works just fine, but trying to add it through a scripted command line has been painful.

This command line gets close, but it it does not function properly - it doesn't create a PDF through the Office Add-In (toolbar).

msiexec /i {AC76BA86-1033-F400-7760-000000000005} ADDLOCAL=PDFMaker,PDFMakerForOffice,PDFMakerForWord2K /qn /norestart /log "C:\Windows\Temp\AcrobatX_PDFMakerForOffice.log"

Eventually, this command line worked:

msiexec /i {AC76BA86-1033-F400-7760-000000000005} ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=PDFMakerForOutlook,PDFMakerForVisio,PDFMakerForProject,PDFMakerForAutoCAD,PDFMakerForIE,PDFMakerForPublisher,PDFMakerForAccess,PDFMakerForLotusNotes /qn /norestart /log "C:\Windows\Temp\AcrobatX_PDFMakerForOffice.log"

Now, the main issue is that the Add-In will eventually switch over from English to French for no apparent reason.  We do have a workaround, but it's a manual workaround which is not desirable to do on 900 computers.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adding PDFMaker for Office 2010 (Acrobat X Pro) - Add-In switches to French

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have close to 900 installs of Acrobat X Pro out in our Windows 7 SP1 environment and there was a request to now enable the Office Add-In for Acrobat X Pro.

Manually adding the Office Add-In through the Add/Remove Programs works just fine, but trying to add it through a scripted command line has been painful.

This command line gets close, but it it does not function properly - it doesn't create a PDF through the Office Add-In (toolbar).

msiexec /i {AC76BA86-1033-F400-7760-000000000005} ADDLOCAL=PDFMaker,PDFMakerForOffice,PDFMakerForWord2K /qn /norestart /log "C:\Windows\Temp\AcrobatX_PDFMakerForOffice.log"

Eventually, this command line worked:

msiexec /i {AC76BA86-1033-F400-7760-000000000005} ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=PDFMakerForOutlook,PDFMakerForVisio,PDFMakerForProject,PDFMakerForAutoCAD,PDFMakerForIE,PDFMakerForPublisher,PDFMakerForAccess,PDFMakerForLotusNotes /qn /norestart /log "C:\Windows\Temp\AcrobatX_PDFMakerForOffice.log"

Now, the main issue is that the Add-In will eventually switch over from English to French for no apparent reason.  We do have a workaround, but it's a manual workaround which is not desirable to do on 900 computers.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2015 0

Have something to add?