• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC Application Maintenance popup

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have Adobe Acrobat Pro deployed to around 50 people at the moment and will be deploying to 50 more in the future.

I setup the install for Adobe DC Pro with the customization wizard to not check for updates as our users do not have Admin rights and it would only confuse or frustrate them when popups happen asking for an update that they cannot do.

All was fine until the first update we did through our Kace system.

It updated DC pro and since then we have been getting a popup on the test group.

adobe app maintenance.PNG

I made sure that DC pro is set to not auto update by the registry HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\2015\FeatureLockDown\ bUpdaeter Value 0 and the placing the AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat into C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0

I even removed a scheduled task for AAMUpdater.

Yet this window pops up randomly still.

I need this to NEVER pop up again. We will be deploying the patches out to the rest of the company in 2 weeks and I cannot have a bunch of users getting this.

I am at my wits end trying to find out how to forever disable this useless popup.

I have even gone through the steps it wants to go through and it still pops up again in the near future.

Does anyone know how to rid myself of this infestation?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Sorry. The issue has been resolved. The issue was being created by something unrelated to Adobe but caused it to popup the window.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

We should be able to work through this. Other users are not experiencing this issue so I do not suspect a bug. Some ideas:

• Start with a clean machine w/ no Acrobat product installed.
  • I don't know what Kace is. It's not part of any supported and documented deployment workflow. So the first thing would be to configure and install Acrobat on a single machine without Kace and see if the problem still occurs.
  • You do not need to do anything  re .dat files or AAMUpdater. Follow the Admin and/or Wizard guide so we don't have these variables to work with.
  • After you've deployed to one machine, if you still see the problem, post the FeatureLockdown registry setting here.

HTH,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the delay. I was out all last week for training.

I created a VM and have replicated the issue successfully.

Acrobat Pro DC was pushed to the VM. This VM ran all last week while I was out without the above maintenance window popping up.

Using the K1000 system to push updates, I updated all the software. The window is now popping up.

I have snapshotted the system to this level so I can experiment with any option and revert at any time.

Ideas?

BTW, KACE K1000 Systems Management Appliance | Dell Software is a Kace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you pushing the updates via your system? What is the commandline you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. The issue has been resolved. The issue was being created by something unrelated to Adobe but caused it to popup the window.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know this has been closed for a while. I wonder how you resolved this and what was causing the issue (unrelated or not). Could you share the resolution? Our company is just getting this now after pushing the Adobe Reader DC Continuous track to our test group. I wanted to make sure I resolve this before deploying it to the rest of the company. Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My company as well is getting this pop up with Acrobat 2020 Classic. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines