• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC in Windows 32 or 64 bit?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of August 2020 is there still only 32 bit Adobe Acrobat DC for Windows or is there 64bit available now?  The bigger question for me, is Adode Acrobat DC in Windows 32bit or 64 bit?  My firm is getting conflicting responses.  
In addition, my firm has been dealing with quite a few Adobe issues for months now after an Adobe update.  Mainly, our clients have repetitive sign-in prompts each day, converting Word to PDF (File- Save As PDF) freezes Adobe and sending email from within Adobe Feezes up Adobe as well.  The only fix for now is to completely uninstall, reinstall Adobe which fixes the problem for the user but not the overall issue of why it keeps happening to our clients. We're trying to find a permanent fix for these multiple ongoing issues.  Any input you can offer me would be greatly appreciated.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Hi Paul

I am sorry to keep you waiting.

The sign in promt can be suppressed using the Adobe customization wizard. For more information please take a look at the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams/how-do-i-stop-the-sign-in-prompt-for-acrobat-pro-dc-2015/td-p/8307327?page=1 and see if that works for you.

Thanks.

Amal

[Moving to Enterprise team]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a 32 bit app on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious why you care whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit. Are you running out of memory with it? Because there could be no other advantage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur.  However, one of our clients is experiercing ongoing crashing with Adobe and they requested a 32-bit version to test with.   It made no difference, still crashed so I don't think it was a memory issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

We are sorry for the trouble. As descibed the Acrobat DC is freezing while converting the Word document to PDF or while sending the email from within Acrobat DC.

++ Adding to the discussion

Would you mins sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > Abpout Adobe Acrobat DC and make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20041 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

For more information please take a look at the help page https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Creating PDF from Word document by doing (File > Save as PDF) is a MS Word process of creating PDF file. Please try to create the PDF from the Acrobat Ribbon present in the MS Word tool bar at the top and see if that makes any difference.

For more information about creating PDF from MS Word please take a look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/how-to/create-pdf-files-word-excel-website.html

If the Word file is stored on a shared network/drive, please try to download the PDF to your computer  and then try to create the PDF as described in the shared help article above and check.

Also, please try to turn off the protected mode for testing. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Turn off the protected Mode and Uncheck the Enhanced Security > Click OK and reboot the application and check.
Note: Please turn on the security after testing.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Unfortunately, we apply your suggestions and they did not fix the issue.  

Perhaps you know of or can point me in the right direction to answer licensing questions instead that might help us resolve our issue. 

As I mentioned in my previous email Afinety’s objective is to stop users from having to sign-in to Adobe Acrobat DC on a daily basis.  Afinety has over a few hundred clients using thousands of Adobe licenses.  These licenses are called “Named User Licensing”.  Is there a way to convert *existing* users to some other type of license that doesn’t require a sign-in?  Or, can we use the type of license we currently have for clients and maybe implement a 3rd party utility that would prevent user sign-in?   If there is no way to convert the current licenses, is there a way to implement or link the current license to a platform such as Azure Integration, Active Directory Integration, SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language), or essentially using our current license model to support SSO (Single Sign-ons)?  I believe this would fall under a “Federated ID” license.

If switching to an Enterprise license solution would resolve our issue, what is the process for that and what would the price difference be per user license vs. what we currently have with our Naming Infant/user license?  

MSP (Managed Service Provider) for a single managed service provider account is another platform we would want to look into if that could remedy our situation so I would want information for that as well.

Sorry if this is not in your realm of questioning, just trying to find the right people who can assist us.   

Thank you,

Paul Brantley

Afinety, Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paul

I am sorry to keep you waiting.

The sign in promt can be suppressed using the Adobe customization wizard. For more information please take a look at the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams/how-do-i-stop-the-sign-in-prompt-for-acrobat-pro-dc-... and see if that works for you.

Thanks.

Amal

[Moving to Enterprise team]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines