• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC Standard, Sysprep and CCE Serial not surviving....

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. First off, as a sys admin i'm VERY annoyed w/Adobe these days.  Acrobat DC deployment in our new Windows 10 images has been a complete and utter nightmare with the way adobe tries to do licensing but yet has a full guide on licensing? WTF???  ok, rant aside here is the issue I have had now since day 1 of trying to embed my Acrobat DC Standard (classic, aka 2015) into our windows 10 imaging.

I have created a customized msp file using the Acrobat Customization Wizard.  In it, i have used our CCE serial number and enabled Offline Exception.

I then install said package in my windows 10 images with my default admin user who's profile is then used for all new profiles.  After making all of my changes to the images, i then will sysprep my image and then capture it in .wim form and then deploy via Windows Deployment Services and Server 2012 R2. 

Once the image is deployed, we notice after about a few logins or so; acrobat will ask the user to Sign In and at that point is useless since you can't do anything until you sign in.  This should not be breaking since i've enabled offline exception in the msp that we used in the install. i installed acrobat via the setup.exe and /sALL flags.

However, if I deploy my image and have acrobat dc installed via one of my firstlogon unattend commands; the licensing survives.  WHY IS SYSPREP BREAKING LICENSING?

WHY DOES ADOBE MAKE LICENSING SO DANG HARD for us???  acrobat2015-wizard-cce.png

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

I believe i have finally had full success in getting our Acrobat DC Standard w/CCE serial in a 'thick' Windows 10 image and will details several GOTCHAs or problems i had initially. (IE the problems i had was related to adobe's lack of details in their enterprise deployment guide/licensing guide; mainly not showing a proper example of the command line commands and using of [] in commands when they should never be in the command!!!!

Some back story:
Prior to baking in Acrobat DC Standard in my Wind

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Serialization of Acrobat DC via customization wizard is not the recommended way for OS imaging scenarios.

Please try the below steps

1. Generate a prov.xml file on any machine connected to internet using the following APTEE tool command line:

"adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize --generate --serial=<serialnum> --leid=<LEID of product> --regsuppress=ss --eulasuppress

[--locales=list of locales in xx_XX format or ALL>] [--provfilepath=<Absolute path to prov.xml>]"

2. Customize Acrobat package using customization wizard for all other changes except serialization (do not enter serial and do offline exception in customization wizard).

3. Install the customized Acrobat DC  via setup.exe on the image.

4. Copy the prov.xml file created in step 1 on the image and run following APTEE command

"adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize [--provfile=<Absolute path to prov.xml>] --stream" 

5. Launch Acrobat for about a minute

6. Now use this image for deployment.

Please revert back in case of any issues

Thanks

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ravi

I will try that. Honestly don't get why adobe makes this stuff so not obvious. i will mark it as answered once i get a change to create a new image and test this method.

Thanks again!  Glad the forums are better than adobe's actual support line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ravi

I have a two quick question about the step 1 and 2 parts and want to verify this is what i need to configure/not configure.

• Question 1: For the APTEE command; the absolutepath=where i'm going to be calling the prov.xml from or is it where it will save it? I ran the command and it create the prov.xml in the same folder the adobe_prtk.exe is located in vs the path i specified so in turn i assume that path is where the prov.xml file will live on my imaged os machine?
    • ie: adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize --generate --serial=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx --leid=V7{}AcrobatESR-12-Win-GM [--regsuppress=ss] [--eulasuppress] [--locales=ALL] [--provfilepath=C:\programdata\mytools\win10-utils\prov.xml]

• Question 2: In the Acrobat DC customization wizard in the Personalization options:
    • Undo the Grant Offline Exception
    • Remove the CCE serial number in the serial number field
    • Leave a check box next to the "Allow standalone Acrobat deployment with CCE serial".
    • Then do any other customizations i had done previously.

Thanks again!

acrobat-dc-customizations-unserialized.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1. For query 1, "--provfilepath" takes the absolute folder path where you want the  prov.xml file to be created. Also please run these commands in admin command prompt. Please use "--provfilepath=C:\programdata\mytools\win10-utils" for your case.

2. For query 2, yes your understanding is correct.

Please let me know in case of any issues.

Thanks

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe i have finally had full success in getting our Acrobat DC Standard w/CCE serial in a 'thick' Windows 10 image and will details several GOTCHAs or problems i had initially. (IE the problems i had was related to adobe's lack of details in their enterprise deployment guide/licensing guide; mainly not showing a proper example of the command line commands and using of [] in commands when they should never be in the command!!!!

Some back story:
Prior to baking in Acrobat DC Standard in my Windows 10 image; i had deployed the Acrobat DC installer via my unattend file and post deployment but didn't like that option and prefer to have our core applications in the image itself so that we could set proper image default settings for each new user profile that's created after deploying.  Microsoft and other companies want you to believe that users can customize all apps themselves but let's be real; in corp and enterprise enviroments user defaults are STILL A MAJOR THING! sorry, got off track there.

TLDR:

my initial attempts at creating a prov.xml and then calling it in my VM image would semi work but still would keep asking me to signin with an adobe id. the reason was.... leaving the brackets around the provisioning command to create the prov.xml and then the calling of the prov.xml.

what i used to create the prov.xml (this is created in same folder that the adobe_prtk.exe is called from, we are using the Acrobat DC Classic track vs Continous):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Customization Wizard DC\adobe_prtk.exe" --tool=VolumeSerialize --generate --serial=xxxx-xxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx --leid=V7{}AcrobatESR-12-Win-GM --regsuppress=ss --eulasuppress --locales=ALL

adobe's documentation has brackets around the regsupress and the eulasuppress; remove those and the sign in prompt will be gone!! also the --provfilepath= parameter never worked for me so i exclude it and again the prov.xml is created in same folder as where the adobe_prtk.exe is called from.

Then on my image, i enable internet access and then install acrobat dc via setup.exe (i did use the customization wizard to set proper app defaults however i DID NOT enter in my CCE serial and also DID NOT grant offline exception and also checked the "Allow Standalone Acrobat deployment with CCE Serial). Finally after the install  i run this command to then import the prov.xml/licensing information. (I have a folder called tools in my acrobat installer folders that i put the adobe_prtk.exe files and the prov.xml.)  This is my command:

"C:\program files\install files\Adobe Acrobat DC Standard\tools\adobe_prtk" --tool=VolumeSerialize --stream

(notice how i left out the --provfile= flag!).

Previously after i ran the adobe_prtk.exe commands to import license i would still get the signin prompt however after redoing everything without any brackets or the provfile flags; things seem to be working fine. i am in the process of sysprepping my vm image and then test deploying. i will update after i get a chance to test the deployment.

Ravi, thanks again for helping to point me in right direction; can adobe update their documentation with more details and mainly removing all of the brackets from their commandline examples or at least making anote that YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THEM to get this to work? or atleast include a proper example of say Acrobat DC Standard with a fake serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Glad that the issue is resolved for you and thanks for your feedback. i will work with the respective teams to address all your concerns.

Thanks again.

Regards

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jimmy, the brackets are widely used to point out commandline parameters, with adobe they point out OPTIONAL parameters 😉

As you've seen you could omit the provfilepath parameter.

But with that, I agree, there is a pitfall: provfilepath = just the path, do NOT add prov.xml to the path.

Hoping I'll build my Acrobat DC package for imaging successfully, too 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines