Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC Windows not Appearing on OSX

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have had a user report an issue where DC is not rendering at all unless using the top menu bar the user select full screen mode. Otherwise no windows will appear, this includes opening it using a PDF, opening it from the applications folder and creating from screenshot.

We have tried updating to the latest version of OSX and reinstalling the Acrobat DC, As we are using Creative Cloud it wont let us predate the version

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Having the exact same problem, tried the above solution.

Not sure if actually resetting preferences worked, but once I tried going to window > zoom, DC finally showed again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problem, tried the above solution.

Not sure if actually resetting preferences worked, but once I tried going to window > zoom, DC finally showed again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for this! I was about ready to throw my laptop out the window...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It felt like the window was hidden. I was able to view the file in full screen and minimize the window. But I couldn't find the active window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me as well, it seems to be an issue exasperated by bouncing between laptop and monitors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Window > Zoom" Did the trick! Thanks! 

Keywords for this Issue, Mojave 10.14.2, Mac OS, Mac Issue, Adobe Acrobat DC, windows not appearing, not showing, not working, can't see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we're experiencing the same issue, window>Zoom seems to fix it temporalily

This issue keeps coming back, is there a permanent fix for this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS!!! That did it for me (MacOS Mojave 10.14.3)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using window -> zoom worked great for me until I updated to MacOS Ventura last week. Now, if I decouple my second screen (e.g. when switching between office and working from home) and acrobat was on the second screen it is unfinable every time I open my laptop. This is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you all should be posting in the acrobat forum, if you're still having problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow same thing just happened to me.  Window - zoom seemed to fix it. How odd!  Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window >zoom worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes did not see the Acrobat window. I tried many things before I noticed a tiny vertical white line on the very edge of my screen which turns out to be the window. Please see the attached screenshot, complete with an arrow and some words. Now that I know about this new "feature" in Acrobat, I am able to find the little white line and expand it to a proper window.I sometimes did not see the Acrobat window. I tried many things before I noticed a tiny vertical white line on the very edge of my screen which turns out to be the window. Please see the attached screenshot, complete with an arrow and some words. Now that I know about this new "feature" in Acrobat, I am able to find the little white line and expand it to a proper window.

I sometimes do not see the Acrobat window. I tried many things before I noticed a tiny vertical white line on the very edge of my screen which turns out to be the window. Please see the attached screenshot, complete with an arrow and some words. Now that I know about this new "feature" in Acrobat, I am able to find the little white line and expand it to a proper window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines