Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat Pro X Image Deployment

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a serialized copy for one user who will access multiple potential servers. When I attempt to deploy the product on an imaged machine, I am to activate and then production servers cannot access the software.

I've attempted to deploy using various articles provided but nothing seems to address this product specifically in this scenario.

Can someone assist, please?

Common Deployment Options — Enterprise Administration Guide

That article doesn't seem to work.

Thanks.

You need a volume serial which it seems you don't have.

LEID info is here: Identifying Existing Installs — Legacy Administration Guide

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat Pro X Image Deployment

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a serialized copy for one user who will access multiple potential servers. When I attempt to deploy the product on an imaged machine, I am to activate and then production servers cannot access the software.

I've attempted to deploy using various articles provided but nothing seems to address this product specifically in this scenario.

Can someone assist, please?

Common Deployment Options — Enterprise Administration Guide

That article doesn't seem to work.

Thanks.

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're really trying to deploy X? It is EOL and the Enterprise Deployment guide is for the current version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's the one we purchased and have used in similar environments. Is there no archived documentation on how to deploy X or am I being forced to purchase new?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The legacy docs are still live. However, you're installing an EOL product and as a guess, I suspect you're doing so on an unsupported OS. That doesn't mean you can't get it to work. See the "Legacy" section: Acrobat-Reader Enterprise Toolkit Home

You'll need to post your OS, what type of license you have (e.g. volume?), and a better description of what you're trying to do. I don't completely understand the original post--why does one user need to have installs on multiple servers?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm installing on Server 2016. It needs to be available on any production server, it's being installed on an image OS.

The license is serialized, single user. I want to deploy the OS image to the two production servers and then have the user be able to log into any of the servers on any given day and use Acrobat.

Is this supported?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I need to follow this section: I'm not sure if it is volume, first of all. Second, I'm not sure what input options I can use for leid. When I attempt the script below I get Error Code 14 or 19.

Imaged OS deployments (serialized)https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AdminGuideLegacy/licensing.html#imaged-os-deploym...

If you image a machine with Acrobat, you must first generate a prov.xml file on an online machine and then create a permanent offline exception that is not machine specific. Note the following:

• This method can only be used with volume licenses.
  • Acrobat need not be installed to run this command.
  • The machine on which this command is run must be online.
  • It is highly recommended to suppress registration.

Steps:

1. Connect to the internet.
  2. Download the latest version of the Adobe Application Manager from http://www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager/
  3. Open an elevated prompt (run as administrator).
  4. Generate a prov.xml file on any machine connected to the internet using the following APTEE tool command line with the following options:
    • serial: The serial number
    • regsuppress=ss: Optional; suppresses registration
    • eulasuppress: Optional; suppresses the EULA prompt
    • locales: Optional; specify from the limited list of locales in the formal xx_XX or ALL
    • provfile: Optional; path of the folder where prov.xml is created. If this parameter is not specified, prov.xml is created in the folder in which APTEE resides.

adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize --generate --serial=<serialnum> --leid=<LEID of product> [--regsuppress=ss] [--eulasuppress] [--locales=list of locales in xx_XX format or ALL>] [--provfilepath=<Absolute path to prov.xml>] 

1. Install Acrobat on the master image.
  2. On the master image, copy the prov.xml file created above.
  3. Serialize and activate Acrobat using the following APTEE tool command line:

adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize [--provfile=<Absolute path to prov.xml>] --stream 

1. Launch Acrobat once for about a minute and close. The master image is now ready to be imaged.

Note

Granting an offline exception to activation using the Customization Wizard for an imaged OS deployment method is not supported.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of an archived copy of the Acrobat X documents (it was replaced by XI 6 years ago and went EOL 3 years ago), but someone here might know. The activation servers are still running, however, if you do find the info you need.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines