• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat X Pro - Windows Terminal Server 2008

Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Im hoping some one maybe able to help me on this, We have recently purchased the Adobe Acrobat X Pro for one of our clients and have just installed it onto their Windows 2008 x32 Terminal server. Inatall appeared to be fine, no errors reported and nothing logged into the event viewer. However we seem to be having issues with it... I did read a PDF guide early last week that said the X Pro should work fine on a Server 2008 - The install instructions where rather straight forward and I thought their would have been more to it than just installing it via the control panel.

The issue we have is the program opens up ok and is usable for about a min and it then crashes with no obvious reason, From looking in the event log it appears to report issues with the PDApp.exe and the Kernel32.dll - Has anyone come across any similar issues?

Many Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

Hi All,

Just to let you know I have found out what the issue was, The problem was caused by the Sophos anti virus stopping the PDApp.exe running. I had to uninstall Sophos, reinstall the Adobe. Once reinstalled and updated I re installed Sophos and they are now both working in harmony!

I hope this helps anyone else that may have issues in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim,

There can be many reasons of Acrobat crashing on launch. I would like to know, do you have any Creative Suite application on your system. If yes, did you install Acrobat as a Suite product or as standalone? Do you have any pre-release versions of Acrobat X already on the system. If yes, try uninstalling the pre-release versions of Acrobat X completely. You can also try repairing Acobat X Pro installation once if these fails and let me know.

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can also send the crash dump by following the below mentioned steps:

1. Install WinDbg from http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/installx86.mspx
  2. Launch WinDbg via the shortcut
  3. Click File->Open Executable
  4. Select Acrobat.exe from "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe" and hit "OK"
  5. Remember to press "g" and hit enter when you encounter the first breakpoint and then you will see a text "Debuggee is running" and Acrobat will be launched
  6. Open whatever file is it that produces the crash in Acrobat.
  7. When you have successfully reproduced the sceanrio causing the crash/freezing of Acrobat X, enter the below command in the WinDbg terminal

.dump /ma c:\temp.dmp (Hit enter)

1. This will produce the crash dump at C:\ by the name of temp.dmp

After that please upload the dump (compress the dump using WinZip or likewise) at some third party sites and provide the link for the same. Also, if it’s possible could you share the PDF as well, for which your application crashes on a consistent basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for the reply - In regards to your first post the Adobe has been installed onto a freash terminal server. The server had the free adobe reader installed on it before the Adobe Acrobat X Pro was installed. They only have the Adobe Flash player installed for IE/Firefox and the Adobe Acrobat Pro X installed now, the Acrobat was purchased as a standalone product and is not part of any suite.

Unfortunatly the crashing happens with and without a document, we can open the program, sit and watch it for a few moments and up pops the error report saying its crashed.... some what frustrating to say the least!

The requested temp.dmp can be found here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47592724/temp.zip Any help on this would be great,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if it would facilitate the troubleshooting effort to remove Reader and then try a reinstall Acrobat on the clean machine.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2011 Nov 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

I have just uninstalled all of the Adobe software from the server and have cleaned the registry of Adobe. I have just done a complete install of the Adobe Acrobat Pro X and we are still havign the same issue. If anything its a backwards step as the program wont even open now... we just get the crash report straight away.

I forgot to mention this at the start but the terminal server is installed in French and the Acrobat X is in English. Im not to sure how much of a baring this may have on the problem or if it is totally irrelevant.

Any other assistance on this would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Just to let you know I have found out what the issue was, The problem was caused by the Sophos anti virus stopping the PDApp.exe running. I had to uninstall Sophos, reinstall the Adobe. Once reinstalled and updated I re installed Sophos and they are now both working in harmony!

I hope this helps anyone else that may have issues in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines