• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Admin Console - Package Creation Tool - MacOS - Missing "packageinfo" file in .pkg package.

Explorer ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am attempting to leverage MS Intunes ability to deploy packages to MacOS computers.

To make a long story short I have been able to sucessfully perform this task with other applications for example Google Chrome for MacOS.

I have been having trouble with the Admin Console created MacOS package.  As a result I opened a ticket with MS tech support who provided excellent customer service and investigated the problem.  

MS advises that the .PKG file is missing a "packageinfo" file.

Can Adobe fix this issue or comment?

I did speak with Adobe chat support.  The gentleman only seemed to care that the package would install manually which it does and would not entertain this as something worth looking into. 

Hopefully, I'll have better luck here?  Fingers crossed.

Thank you,

Tony H.

TOPICS
Admin console , Deploy and package apps , Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020
  • Kindly confirm if you are getting any error which requires the "package info" file before installing the package as I am just trying to understand the reason/issue because you can check the details of the package in the admin console now under the Packages option. There is no file available in the package which will show the details if you are creating the package from the admin console. Earlier when you were creating the package using the creative cloud packager there was no record available t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

When you create the package from the creative cloud packager then you get the files to check the details about the package however it is not available if you create the package from the admin console. Kindly check the help document to get package and deployment details: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/kb/querying-client-machines-to-check-if-a-package-is-deployed.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure of the links relevance as the .PKG file needs to "package info" content prior to installation.  Please advise.

If I interpret what you are saying I beleive my take away is.... package the Adobe Products with the local packaging tool not the online tool.

Of course the first note on the Create packages using Creative Cloud Packager page it says....

"The creative Cloud Packager cannot be sued to create packages that include CC2019 apps or later"  ( Weak )

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/package/help/creating-packages.html

So I attempted the possibly proposed solution.  The end result was exactly the same.  No "Package Info" via this method either.

Thoughts?

Thank you,

Tony H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • Kindly confirm if you are getting any error which requires the "package info" file before installing the package as I am just trying to understand the reason/issue because you can check the details of the package in the admin console now under the Packages option. There is no file available in the package which will show the details if you are creating the package from the admin console. Earlier when you were creating the package using the creative cloud packager there was no record available to check or track which is the reason the info file was embedded within the package however with the admin console now you can track and check each and every settings of the package. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines