Highlighted

Adobe CC 2017 Updates grayed out.

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have problem updating CC2017 apps on PC (windows 10 64bit)

Creative cloud app reports that all installed apps are up to date even I know there are new updates. Example: I have AE 14.0.1 and there is 14.1 update available.

Tried to manually update Creative cloud app to last version and now it reports that only AE and ME are installed, PS,AI,AU,BR disappeared from installed list even they are installed and start normally.

Also in every installed app, help/updates option is greyed out.

Screenshot 2017-01-21 20.28.41.jpgScreenshot 2017-01-21 20.29.23.jpg

Bridge updates... reports this message:

Screenshot 2017-01-21 20.44.37.png

User account is administrator type, and I also tried to start apps as administrator but no difference.

Any solution for this update problem ?

Thank you.

Delphis

Jeff, in 2-3 months I plan to buy new PC and need to reinstall everything then anyway but I just checked you links and had idea with CCP and that was a nice solution:

Backup-ed my system.

Installed Creative Cloud Packager and made offline install package for 5 apps I use selecting updates only (4GB)

Installed package and all installed apps are updated and funny thing, updates option is not ghosted anymore

Only bad thing is that updates resets apps settings in AppData\Roaming\Adobe\ folder.

Luckily I had backup-ed system and restored that folder, and had all my setting, file history, and all the rest as before update.

So, I would recommend for everybody updating to backup that folder.

I see that ccp made cache files in c:\Users\GrgArt\AppData\Local\Adobe\CCP\AdobeCCPCache\ of apps from package and it's 4GB. Can I delete that cache folder since I got everything updated and have that update package as separate files?

Thank you again for the guides.

Best regards,

Z

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe CC 2017 Updates grayed out.

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have problem updating CC2017 apps on PC (windows 10 64bit)

Creative cloud app reports that all installed apps are up to date even I know there are new updates. Example: I have AE 14.0.1 and there is 14.1 update available.

Tried to manually update Creative cloud app to last version and now it reports that only AE and ME are installed, PS,AI,AU,BR disappeared from installed list even they are installed and start normally.

Also in every installed app, help/updates option is greyed out.

Screenshot 2017-01-21 20.28.41.jpgScreenshot 2017-01-21 20.29.23.jpg

Bridge updates... reports this message:

Screenshot 2017-01-21 20.44.37.png

User account is administrator type, and I also tried to start apps as administrator but no difference.

Any solution for this update problem ?

Thank you.

Delphis

Jeff, in 2-3 months I plan to buy new PC and need to reinstall everything then anyway but I just checked you links and had idea with CCP and that was a nice solution:

Backup-ed my system.

Installed Creative Cloud Packager and made offline install package for 5 apps I use selecting updates only (4GB)

Installed package and all installed apps are updated and funny thing, updates option is not ghosted anymore

Only bad thing is that updates resets apps settings in AppData\Roaming\Adobe\ folder.

Luckily I had backup-ed system and restored that folder, and had all my setting, file history, and all the rest as before update.

I see that ccp made cache files in c:\Users\GrgArt\AppData\Local\Adobe\CCP\AdobeCCPCache\ of apps from package and it's 4GB. Can I delete that cache folder since I got everything updated and have that update package as separate files?

Best regards,

Z

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close ACC , reboot your machine and try again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that, does not work.

Installed apps reapired on installed list, but still no updates possible.

Also tried to delete AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\opm.db, noes not work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grgart72 I am sorry you are facing difficulties updating the installed Adobe Applications.  What happened on your Windows 10 computer prior to loosing the ability to update the applications?  Did you run a system restore, system optimization software, or recover from a malicious software infection?

If you create a new local administrator account are you still unable to update any of the installed applications?  Does the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application list the installed applications properly?  You can find details on how to create a new local administrator account at https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Creative Cloud Download & Install

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I think nothing in windows 10 changed, i noticed that updates option was grayedout from first installation.

Tried with new admin account but same thing there, no updates at ACC app, and updates is grayed out in all installed apps.

What grayed out updates does mean? no new updates available or something else?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grgart72 updates should not be greyed out unless your computer is in a managed environment.  Do you manage the computer yourself or is it managed by an I.T. department?

If you are the only individual using this computer then I would recommend you begin the uninstall, and reinstall process, under the new Administrator account.  As part of the reinstallation process the most recent updates will be applied.  You can find complete details regarding the uninstall process at Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps .

Once the applications are removed you can then follow the steps listed in Download and install Creative Cloud apps to reinstall the applications. I would recommend you begin the installation process, and verify it is updated, before proceeding with the next installation.  If you run into any errors during the installation process then you can find complete details on how to locate the errors at Creative Cloud download and install errors ​.

If you have any questions, or receive any errors in the log file, then please update this discussion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I manage computer myself (freelancer).

Uh, reinstall process would take a while with my internet connection and can't do it while projects are in production.

Is there a way to download new updates manually and install them over installed apps?

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering that updates are not currently enabled I would not encourage it Grgart72.  You can review your installation logs to see if there are any specific errors which may be preventing the updates from applying.  Details on how to review the installation logs was offered in message #6 of this discussion.

You also indicated that you are the only individual managing your computer.  I would still encourage you to review Disable auto-updates in Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Creative Suite 6 apps as the steps listed could also be causing the updates to be disabled.

Finally, if you are in the middle of a critical project then I would wait to apply the updates.  You are welcome to bookmark and update this discussion, when it is convenient, and you are not in the middle of time critical projects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Backup-ed my system.

Best regards,

Z

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Z the AdobeCCPCache could be removed if you are no longer planning on producing application packages on that computer.  Thank you for the update.  I am glad that a new application deployment allowed the updates to apply.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this worked for me as well, now my applications are updated and the "Updates..." is no longer grayed-out in the drop down menus. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines