• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC Desktop keeps crashing, white screen.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For several days I'm plaged by Adobe Crective Cloud for Desktop that won't start-up. When I open it, a white screen apears and it looks like it keeps on rebooting and rebooting and rebooting, because I keep seeing that the program is loading and the log in window keeps refreshing with a new picture like every second. After give or take 20 times, the window just closes and I can start all over again, with the same result.

This is very frustrating, because all apps are controlled from the Adobe CC Desktop tool, and seeing as I can't get in, I can't manage all other apps. For instance, I'd like to install a older version of Photoshop because for some reason the newest version won't work on my PC, but an older version workd perfectly. But I can't downgrade to an older version, because to do that, I need access to Adobe CC Desktop.

Please help me out, seeing as I already tried to uninstall CC Desktop several times, but the same thing keeps happening.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

The problem is solved!! After chatting with someone from Adobe and letting them look with me on my PC, it turned out I was running an out-dated version of Windows 10. After I updated this (it took the whole night), Adobe CC Desktop worked like a charm!

So to all who experience the same problems: check you Windows version and maker sure it is up to date.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here: Learn what to do if the Creative Cloud desktop app won't open or shows a spinning progress wheel. (a...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel Matt,

Thank you, but this didn't help unfortunately. I deleted all the files in the OOBE-folder, did a restart and when I open the Adobe CC Desktop again, the same thing happens. 

It is so weird, because I also tried uninstalling the entire app, which should mean that all files, folders and programs are deleted from my computer. If I then do a new install, the same problewm shouldn't appear, but it does.

I hope someone has the solution for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even tried the CC Cleaner Tool, but even thát didn't help. With this I completely erased all traces of Adobe CC from my computer, reinstalled it and stíll I get the exact same problem: Adobe CC Desktop boots up, keeps loading, i looks like it keeps on booting up again and again and after 1 minute, it crashes and closes. Very, very frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arthur, have you been in contact with your organization's Creative Cloud for Team administrator regarding the problems you encounter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am our organizartion's Adobe CC administrator. I've never encountered anything like this before. Even the most drastic measures don't seem to help. I mean if you erase every trace of a program using an especially designed cleaner-tool and still the program encouters the exact same problems when re-installing, there is something fundamentally wrong. On my own private laptop the tool works perfectly using the same credentials. 

After several tries I managed to install Adobe Acrobat separately, the app I use most often, but the CC Desktop keeps crashing, no matter what I try. Even if I log in using an administrator account on my PC, the same problems occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is solved!! After chatting with someone from Adobe and letting them look with me on my PC, it turned out I was running an out-dated version of Windows 10. After I updated this (it took the whole night), Adobe CC Desktop worked like a charm!

So to all who experience the same problems: check you Windows version and maker sure it is up to date.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines