• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC XD install failed - Error 191

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the error I am receiving when attempting to download and install Adobe XD from Creative Cloud as an administrator.

------------------

Exit Code: 191
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
- 2 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 191) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'UWPAssets', version:30.3.12.5
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: UWPAssets Version: 30.3.12.5). Error code: '191'
ERROR: hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with error code 1 - OS Message: C:\adobeTemp\ETR8C29.tmp\1\SparklerApp\SparklerApp.appx#@#OS_Error_Code: 0x80073cf3#@#OS_Error_String: Windows cannot install package Adobe.CC.XD_30.3.12.5_x64__adky2gkssdxte because this package depends on a framework that could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop" published by "CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US", with neutral or x64 processor architecture and minimum version 14.0.27810.0, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name "Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop" currently installed are: {Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop_14.0.26905.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop_14.0.27323.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe}
ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package with error C:\adobeTemp\ETR8C29.tmp\1\SparklerApp\SparklerApp.appx#@#OS_Error_Code: 0x80073cf3#@#OS_Error_String: Windows cannot install package Adobe.CC.XD_30.3.12.5_x64__adky2gkssdxte because this package depends on a framework that could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop" published by "CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US", with neutral or x64 processor architecture and minimum version 14.0.27810.0, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name "Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop" currently installed are: {Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop_14.0.26905.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop_14.0.27323.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Thanks for the help, all!

We set a Group Policy exclusion for the PC in question to allow access to the Microsoft Store, and Adobe XD installed fully.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manan,

I will give this a shot.

I do believe the Windows Store, which is blocked by our Group Policy, may be the culprit.  Is there a way to have Adobe CC download/install this that doesn't use the Windows Store?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Manan,

As per the logs, I can see that Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.Desktop.appx is failing. We have released a new update for Adobe XD 31.0.12. Could you try installing that and check if this fixes the problem?

Thanks,

Nikhil Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help, all!

We set a Group Policy exclusion for the PC in question to allow access to the Microsoft Store, and Adobe XD installed fully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @spags can you help me that what exactly we need to configure/edit/change in group policy (gpedit.msc) since I'm getting Error Code 191.

I've been searching for weeks for the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines