Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS6 installation is very slow if internet access is blocked

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I noticed that our Adobe CS6 installations (using an AAMEE package) were surprisingly slow (as in five hours on a fast machine).  I've worked out the cause of the problem, and am posting it here in the hope that it will help someone else experiencing the same issue - also, if anyone from Adobe is reading this, it would be nice to get it fixed, at least for future releases. 🙂

The problem is that our machines don't have direct access to web sites on the internet, i.e., port 80 traffic is blocked by the external firewall.  I discovered that the CS6 installer was repeatedly attempting to contact various web sites, including crl.verisign.net, presumably in order to validate digital certificates on files in the install package.  Each such attempt had to time out before the next was made.  Configuring Windows Firewall to block these attempts reduced the install time from five hours to thirty minutes.

On Windows 7, this command can be used to install a firewall rule that will block outgoing port 80 traffic:

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="block www" dir=out action=block protocol=tcp remoteport=80

Once installation is finished, this command will remove the rule:

netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="block www"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

For later versions (Adobe CC and onwards) you need to block port 443 as well as port 80.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For later versions (Adobe CC and onwards) you need to block port 443 as well as port 80.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines