Highlighted

adobe dc pro install patch update to customized install

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using a stand alone version of Adobe DC Pro (15.006.30033.2205) (no other Adobe products).  Windows 7 32-bit environment.  I have used the Adobe customization tool to create a custom install package.  I now need to update this package with the latest patch from Adobe to correct a recent security patch.

Ideally I'd like to make a new customized installer package as this allows us to disable the Adobe Sign-In feature, which our agency will never use.

I am trying to use:  msiexec /i acropro.msi PATCH="Acrobat2015Upd1500630280.msp" TRANSFORMS="AcroPro.mst" 

The .mst file was created by the customization tool.  However, when I run this command, I get the error:

"This patch package could not be opened.  Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package."

I have attempted uninstall and reboot and cleaning the registry of previous installation of Adobe DC Pro without any luck.

Can someone provide guidance on how to create a new customized install with the latest patch and still have the Adobe Sign-In option disabled?

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

adobe dc pro install patch update to customized install

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using a stand alone version of Adobe DC Pro (15.006.30033.2205) (no other Adobe products).  Windows 7 32-bit environment.  I have used the Adobe customization tool to create a custom install package.  I now need to update this package with the latest patch from Adobe to correct a recent security patch.

Ideally I'd like to make a new customized installer package as this allows us to disable the Adobe Sign-In feature, which our agency will never use.

I am trying to use:  msiexec /i acropro.msi PATCH="Acrobat2015Upd1500630280.msp" TRANSFORMS="AcroPro.mst" 

The .mst file was created by the customization tool.  However, when I run this command, I get the error:

"This patch package could not be opened.  Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package."

I have attempted uninstall and reboot and cleaning the registry of previous installation of Adobe DC Pro without any luck.

Can someone provide guidance on how to create a new customized install with the latest patch and still have the Adobe Sign-In option disabled?

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this syntax:

msiexec.exe /i [UNC Path]/acropro.msi PATCH="[UNC Path]/Acrobat2015Upd1500630280.msp" TRANSFORMS="AcroPro.mst"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read through the customization document and it did not help with adding the msp to the existing mst.

Also just tried the command Steve Cordero provided:

msiexec.exe /i \\[servername]\IRM\Software\Software (Documented)\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat Pro DC\Adobe Acrobat\acropro.msi PATCH="\\[servername\IRM\Software\Software (Documented)\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat Pro DC\Adobe Acrobat\Acrobat2015Upd1500630280.msp" TRANSFORMS="AcroPro.mst"

When I ran this, I get the Microsoft dialog box with the various switches as if the syntax is incorrect.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried something different.  I copied the installation folder to my C:\ and ran the command line below.  This appears to have worked.  The About Adobe now shows the version as: 1500630280.

msiexec.exe /i C:\AdobeAcrobat\acropro.msi PATCH="C:\AdobeAcrobat\Acrobat2015Upd1500630280.msp" TRANSFORMS="AcroPro.mst"

Need to test for a few days to make sure the Online features don't kick in as I have seen happen before.  I will keep you posted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines