• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fonts not available in Shared Device License?

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're getting ready to deploy the new Shared Device License version of Creative Cloud at our organisation, but one thing I've noticed is that cloud services such as Adobe Fonts don't seem to be available in the Shared Device License version of the software, only in the All Apps entitlement version.

Is this correct / expected, or have we got a setting wrong somewhere?

I don't see any settings in the SDL profile allowing us to enable Adobe Fonts, but if the SDL software can use it then we'd like to be able to use it.

Currently only staff can use it as they are the only users who have entitlements under the ETLA agreement that we are part of.

Thanks,

Dan Jackson (Senior ITServices Technician)

Long Road Sixth Form College

Cambridge, UK.

TOPICS
Enterprise , Services and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Hi,

An Enterprise ID user is not the same as an Adobe ID user. Enterprise and Federated ID have no services or storage as default. So Ent/Fed ID need to be given some entitlement if you are looking to use services/storage. Adobe Spark can be used, but note that this does not include Adobe Fonts currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Fonts are a service. To get access to fonts you will need to give the Federated ID account a level of entitlement that includes fonts. 

For Shared Device Licenses this is typically done by adding the student to the free Adobe Spark profile available on Educational Admin Consoles.

In the past the Spark Free Offer was not enabled with Fonts however that was changed a while ago.  If users are entitled with the Spark offer, they will have access to Basic Fonts level – regardless where they sign-

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Shared Device Licensing is a 'bring your own services' model. So when you sign in you will get the services associated with the entitlement attached to that particular ID - Shared Device Licensing FAQ

So it is possible to have Adobe Fonts and other services with SDL it just depends what entitlement that user has. If you use an Adobe ID with no other entitlement for example you will get access to the basic level of services and storage associated with that ID. - Benefits of a free Adobe Creative Cloud membership

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the "Benefits of a free Adobe Creative Cloud membership" page you linked, even free users should have access to Fonts.

However, if I log in to the software with an Enterprise ID user without an entitlement assigned (which if I understand you correctly, should be equivalent to a free Adobe ID user), they are not able to use Adobe Fonts - it says their administrator needs to enable it.

What I am saying is that there is no option for me to be able to do that in the Adobe Admin Console, those options only exist for the entitlement license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

An Enterprise ID user is not the same as an Adobe ID user. Enterprise and Federated ID have no services or storage as default. So Ent/Fed ID need to be given some entitlement if you are looking to use services/storage. Adobe Spark can be used, but note that this does not include Adobe Fonts currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess this is a fundamental misunderstanding on my part of what SDL was for. I've attended a number of Adobe webinars where it was being promoted as a way to make it so that users can access Adobe services in shared environments.

My mistaken assumption appears to have been that since this functionality was being described as a new feature that was available with SDL, that meant that it was included.

I can see from your post above that you are saying this is incorrect. I would suggest that your webinars and marketing materials directed at Enterprise / ETLA customers should be amended to make this distinction clearer, i.e. that an entitlement is required in order for services access and there is currently no free entitlement other than Adobe Spark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an aside, it kind of sucks that Enterprise ID users get a worse experience by default than free Adobe ID users. It sounds like the only way to get the best of both worlds would be for all our students to create their own Adobe IDs, then when they log in to our SDL machines with those, they'd get access to the applications but also the services that are available to a free account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running into the same problem.  We paid a lot of money and now see that it is not as good as what we previously had - just device licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured this out.  Still have not found a way to add access to fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it looks like it's not included per the shared device license FAQ and this page https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/sdl-known-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Has anyone figured out how to access Adobe Fonts through Federated Id accounts yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts are a service. To get access to fonts you will need to give the Federated ID account a level of entitlement that includes fonts. 

For Shared Device Licenses this is typically done by adding the student to the free Adobe Spark profile available on Educational Admin Consoles.

In the past the Spark Free Offer was not enabled with Fonts however that was changed a while ago.  If users are entitled with the Spark offer, they will have access to Basic Fonts level – regardless where they sign-in to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO I know this answer has been marked The CORRECT ANSWER. But setting it up .... When I look at the disable file syncing option , there is an Information icon that tells me that Libraries & Fonts will continue to sync.

I have tried most of the options and Given users the Spark entitlement and this still is not allowing users to access fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi apprently if it is an NGO, they do not get Free Spark. How do we solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines