• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Genuine

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to trigger the Adobe Genuine package to update? My desktops are all popping in my vulnerability scanner with a priority 3 vulnerability  that's over 30 days old "Adobe has released fix to address this issue in Adobe Genuine Service version 7.3. The customers are advised to refer to APSB21-27 for updates pertaining to this vulnerability."

Why are they not updating themselves, and how can I trigger it to update? 

Real bad look here...

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Hello,

The Adobe Genuine service gets updated with the creative cloud applications. May I know if you are using only Acrobat and the environment?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

The Adobe Genuine Service (AGS) is a service that periodically verifies whether Adobe apps on your machine are genuine and notifies you if they are not.

You can check this document for more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/genuine/adobe-genuine-service.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The Adobe Genuine service gets updated with the creative cloud applications. May I know if you are using only Acrobat and the environment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What data is collected as part of the Adobe Genuine Service please ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Genuine Service (AGS) is a service that periodically verifies whether Adobe apps on your machine are genuine and notifies you if they are not.

You can check this document for more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/genuine/adobe-genuine-service.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same story here - ever find an actual solution other than a reload?  I was just on an hour long chat and support couldn't figure it out - sent me to these glorious community forums to look for scaps of an answer.  My suspicion is that if a user has a standalone (old school licensing) installation of Acrobat and is then switched over to a sucsription-based license using the Creative Cloud app, the AdobeGCClient.exe is abandoned and never updated again.  We've completely uninstalled all Adobe products and that wouldn't get rid of this issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines