Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe own goal FAIL! Schools

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Users and Adobe Crew,

I've used Adobe products professionally since the 90's in Film/TV/Design and have always promoted their use in my High School now as a teacher. I've spent years effectively promoting Adobe as the industry standard, and teaching thousands of students and quite a few teachers how to use Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, Acrobat and After Effects. I know MANY teachers who have taken the same position in schools around Australia. This support is about to turn into a bitter and frustrated ADOBE BOYCOTT.

The changes to your subscriptions and licensing of Schools is causing our IT staff major headaches. They have to deal with a restrictive and complicated burocratic infrastructure from the state and they don't currently have a workaround for me around Adobe's subscription changes despite the May 31 deadline. This will render years of resources I have personally produced USELESS and leave me in a very difficult position with the 150 students I teach (start adding on my colleague's classes and this starts getting really serious). It will also mean the withdrawal of free and passionate support for YOUR company (don't underestimate the value of this). 

So, DEAR ADOBE, you really should get ahead of this massive problem YOU'VE created (for what only I imagine can be corporate motivations) before we all bail to Serif products (it's in the pipeline). I have to make recommendations within the next week.

You cannot imagine the NIGHTMARE that changes to subscriptions and licensing are creating for us.

Thanks from Down Under.

TOPICS
Enterprise , Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

If the students are using their own laptops then named user licenses are the best one. If you are facing issues in assigning and removing the licenses then I would suggest you to use federated IDs with sync tool which will make a lots of things easier for the admins. You can go for user sync tool which will synchronize the students from AD to Adobe admin console and if any user left the school then the admin just has to remove his/her account from backend and the same will be updated in the admi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope that you, your students and colleagues are safe and healthy.

While I can understand why you're feeling frustated, I'd like some help to understand the nature of problems you're facing, so we can suggest possible solutions or highlight this to the teams within Adobe.

You mentioned the May 31 in your message. So, am I right in assuming that your school has signed up for the Creative Cloud for education - complimentary at-home access program? Do you have concerns or questions  with this program? If you have an issue with the program expiring on May 31, then let me assure you that we're monitoring this situation closely, and will respond as the situation unfolds across the globe. Ad Adobe we're doing all we can to ensure that the continuity of education is not impacted and students and faculty have continued access to the software and services required.

Or, do you have a specific concern or question with your Named User or Shared Device License subscriptions for regular use while students and faculty are on campus?

Hope this helps. Awaiting your response. Stay safe.

Vikrant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning and thanks for your response.

So the issue is that we once had a site license for our entire school which meant that a few hundred students used the software when they NEEDED it in electives.

Otherwise the software was dormant and generally unused by other students. It was available on all machines but only used by the arts and design students in electives.

Now with individual licenses and half yearly Semester class changes, managing individual student licences is like herding cats.

We have students who are doing a new elective with a license who don’t need it and we have new students who need the license liberated from them and transferred. We have to set aside staff to go through the lists of students who are currently on the limited number of licenses and cross reference these with their subject choices before removing licenses for the ones who have changed subject and give their licenses to new students in the subject.

It is just unnecessary. Individual student subscriptions for the entire school doesn't make sense because they would be wasted on students who don't take the subjects and we can better spend our budgets in State Education to improve outcomes for vulnerable students rather than pander to the whims of corporations.

It MAY still be easier in this circumstance to just do a changeover to Serif products?

Our poor Tech crew are being run ragged and I end up having multiple students per class having to leave class to sort things out which can disrupt a week or more of their learning. It’s stressful and unmanageable for Students, Teachers and Tech Support Staff and has been a terrible decision for our workflow and customer satisfaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

In this scenario I would recommend you to use the shared device license which we have introduced for the schools/universities where the students use the creative cloud apps in labs. There would be no need to assign or remove any type of license from the user's account as the shared device license is  device based license. You can check this help document for all the details: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/using/sdl-deployment-guide.html.

Hope, this will resolve your issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't use labs unfortunately. Our students have school based laptops which they carry to Design classes and then to Media classes and Art classes in different locations. There doesn't appear to be a solution that isn't super complex at our end and require stressed staff spending time on something which was frankly an unnecessary change. I believe this to be the case with many schools here in Australia and perhaps more widely. These are the impacts of not consulting first and not engaging User Centred design around an aspect of your business model (which I teach my teenaged students). It's kind of a big deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the students are using their own laptops then named user licenses are the best one. If you are facing issues in assigning and removing the licenses then I would suggest you to use federated IDs with sync tool which will make a lots of things easier for the admins. You can go for user sync tool which will synchronize the students from AD to Adobe admin console and if any user left the school then the admin just has to remove his/her account from backend and the same will be updated in the admin console. There is another option for syncing the users which is Azure and Google connector. You can check the help documents related to above options below: 

1- user sync tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/using/user-sync.html.

2- Azure connector: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/using/sso-setup-azure.html.

3- Google connector: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/using/setup-sso-google.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines