• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader 2017 privileged locations not working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently building a custom package for Adobe Reader 2017 (classic track), using the Adobe Acrobat Customization Wizard DC (2015).

My goal is to have protected mode enabled for all files, except those I designate.  In this case, I want the logged in user's desktop and documents to show up as trusted, as well as an file that is launched from within our fileserver.  Sounds pretty simple right?

Here are the settings:

adobe customization wizard.png

After doing some digging, it seems that the system variables are not support, so question 1 is how can I allow only those two folders within the user's profile to be listed as trusted, while not having their downloads folder or any temp cache folder being included?  I have 5000 or so users, all with unique user names, so manually setting them is not feasible

Once I installed the application, I went to security settings, and this is what was listed:

Adobe reader settings.png

It was originally blank, so I added the local user's documents folder.  However, none of the hosts or trusted folders were listed.  Based on this, I assumed that the settings that were set in the custom wizard were not applied, so I went to the registry to see what it said, with this results, taken from the HKLM registry hive:

HKLM section.png

and

HKLM folders.png

So it looks like the settings applied properly, however the application isn't applying them or even listing them as trusted sites within the app.  Is this a bug in Adobe Reader 2017, and if so, how does it get fixed?

I did look and the locally created settings, and they were saved in the HKCU section:

HKCU settings.png

With the settings manually entered, the settings did apply as appropriate.  Documents opened from within that folder were not opened in protected mode, while those that were opened from my file server were opened in protected mode (as were all pdfs that were opened not from the documents folder).

I've looked at Security — Acrobat Customization Wizard DC for Windows  and Trust Methods — Acrobat Application Security Guide and based in everything I am reading, I am doing it correctly, yet the settings aren't applying properly; in fact, it doesn't look like the HKLM  registry keys are applying at all, which is what the customization wizard uses. 

So my second question is, Does anyone know a fix for this? EnterpriseHelp

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

I have finally found the solution. It's bug that has not been resolved for years now. All settings are working, but Adobe UI is not displaying it ..

I have tried my settings and it's really working even tough I cant see the values. So we basically did nothing wrong..

Not all settings in Customization wizard are passed on to Reader DC installs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the exact same experience with this feature. I went all the steps trough on my own, down to the regkeys you mentioned, and tried to fix it like you did - with no success yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have finally found the solution. It's bug that has not been resolved for years now. All settings are working, but Adobe UI is not displaying it ..

I have tried my settings and it's really working even tough I cant see the values. So we basically did nothing wrong..

Not all settings in Customization wizard are passed on to Reader DC installs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines