• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe reader dc - remove form field highlight

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen some posts discussing removing the form field highlight individually.  What I need is to be able to apply this specific change to a number of XenApp servers so it has to apply to anyone that logs in without that user needing to do anything special.

Is there a config file we can add or a registry key/value we can create/add?

Thanks.

[Question moved to Enterprise Deployment (Acrobat and Reader). -Mod]

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

That check is "bRuntimeHighlight".

bRuntimeHighlight

Supported on WindowsSupported on MacSupported by AcrobatSupported by Adobe Reader

Data typeboolean: DWORD value > REG_DWORD
Default1
Version #8.0+
HKCU PathFormsPrefs\cRuntimeBGIdleColor
HKLM PathNot lockable
SummarySpecifies whether to show a field border color on hover.
DetailsPossible values include:
  • 0: Disables field border hover color.
  • 1: Shows a border on field hover.
GUI mappingPreferences > Forms > Highlight Color > Show border hover color for fields

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forms Highlight Color

Specifies the color for borders, general fields, and required fields. Alternate colors are often specified in accessible environments.

Summary table
bRuntimeHighlightSpecifies whether to show a field border color on hover.
xdataThe default color for required fields in forms.
xdataThe default color for regular fields in forms.
xdata

Data type
DefaultVaries.
Version #8.0+
HKCU PathFormsPrefs\cRequiredFieldHLColor
HKLM PathNot lockable
SummaryThe default color for required fields in forms.
DetailsPossible values include any system color. Specific colors are often selected to improve accessibility.
  • Varies: Set as desired.
GUI mappingPreferences > Forms > Highlight Color > Required fields highlight color

xdata

Supported on WindowsSupported on MacSupported by AcrobatSupported by Adobe ReaderTop > FormPrefs > Forms Highlight Color > xdata
Data type
DefaultVaries.
Version #8.0+
HKLM PathNot lockable
SummaryThe default color for regular fields in forms.
DetailsPossible values include any system color. Specific colors are often selected to improve accessibility.
  • Varies: Set as desired.
GUI mappingPreferences > Forms > Highlight Color > Fields highlight color

bRuntimeHighlight

Supported on WindowsSupported on MacSupported by AcrobatSupported by Adobe ReaderTop > FormPrefs > Forms Highlight Color > bRuntimeHighlight
Default1
Version #8.0+
HKLM PathNot lockable
GUI mappingPreferences > Forms > Highlight Color > Show border hover color for fields

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is xdata a key or a data type needing a value?  It isn't clear to me why there are two separate values for xdata.  Also, is there a reference for colors for any of these values?  Should they just be hex colors or is it an on/off as in the case of bruntimehighlight?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

• xdata is a preference like the others.
  • There are two values because there is an xdata pref in two places (see the path in the doc you copied).
  • The values are a binary representation of hex. The best way to configure these is through the UI. Alternatively, set via the UI and then go to that location and copy the value for use in a configuration/deployment scenario (in other words: setting the UI is the best way to get a valid value you can use when modifying another registry).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I'll give that a try and let you know if i continue to have trouble with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been messing around with settings as i get time.  I find that what i need is a way to configure "Fields Highlight Color" with no fill or no color at all.  I don't see a way to do this in the gui.  Is there an alternate way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences>Forms>Highlight Color

If you want a "white" background then set all the RGB sliders to the right at a value of "255" for MacOS.  On Windows set the color picker to "white".

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 5.14.05 AM.png

Windows Color Picker.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, I've tried setting the color to white, however, this simply hides the text until you select the individual form fields.  I am trying to eliminate the background color entirely.  Similar to selecting 'no fill'.  I think i'm on the right track by just unchecking "Show border hover color for fields" as this seems to accomplish what' i'm trying to do, however, I am still looking for the registry settings that control this menu item as i need to apply that setting across an enterprise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That check is "bRuntimeHighlight".

bRuntimeHighlight

Supported on WindowsSupported on MacSupported by AcrobatSupported by Adobe Reader

Default1
Version #8.0+
HKLM PathNot lockable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I'm getting a new policy together for testing now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines