Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader / Distiller license registration

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

we using adobe reader und distiller for our software installation, in AWS Cloud.

I' am working for DB Systel in Germany.

We have changed the instancetype for 1 week and after that the Adobe licence isn't activ anymore.

I would like to use the offline activation, but i think it didn't work anymore, because the request-codes were always used in the past. A new server with new request code works.

What i have to do?

Is there a way to registrate the request code and Key again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader is free software. You probably need a redistribution license if you are deploying it for use by others. However, Adobe Reader is end of life and has unfixed security vulnerabilities, you should migrate urgently to its successor Acrobat Reader.

Acrobat Distiller is not separate software, it is part of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and covered by its licensing. What type of license do you have? (Retail, enterprise, academic, team; per device, per user, etc.)  Is this for terminal server use, background web server use, automated batch - many complexities here...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we're using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. We have a volume licence and use it for automated batch purpose.

Is there any other info you need?

As I explained in my first post, the activation only fails for instances that had been activated before and lost their activation status after the instancetype changed in AWS. 

For me it seems that the request code is marked as unvalid simply because it has been used in the past.

Can somebody confirm this?

Is it possible to see the used response code of an already activated installation?

If so, then I could recover the instance from a backup and retrieve the old response code.

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not familiar with any volume license that allows automated batch purposes, so I would have to recommend you contact the relevant license people. Not sure who they are, as "volume license" is a generic term, not one of the specific models used by Adobe. Otherwise, maybe someone will come by who understands what license model would allow this use and therefore what you must be using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines